Oconto county atv trail info.

dragon_07

looking for information on the atv trail that runs from Gillett up to Townsend I believe maintained by the dusty trails atv club. My family and I are thinking of riding in this area and would like info from anyone who has ridden these trails. How many miles, what type of terrain and scenery, good places to stop and better suited for a 4x4 or a sport quad. Also interested in the Iron county trail system by Hurley. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

phazerpilot

dragon, rode that trail last year main trail is rr grade flat long and mostly dusty (dusty trails atv club).we rode from crivitz to the bp in between mountain & breed trails were varied from tight winding woods ,corn fields powerline and snowmobile trails. all are great riding but mostly dusty during dry summer but a light rain can change that. trail milage is around 120 total and can be done with 4x4 or sport when we were there we had very little traffic all weekend ,trail map is available on line at their website. have fun.

jimjones

Do they post any trail maps on line? It would be nice to download, print, and fit stuff into a mapbag of the destinations you know your going to ride in.

f7drivr

But they also have a speed limit of 25MPH no mater where you are on the trail! My suggestion is to go to Athelstane and ride the dun good trails. The short loop is around 2 hours and the longer loop goes from athelstane to goodman then over to dunbar and back down to Athelstane. Nice ride approximately 4-6 hours unless you ride hard like I do then I just figure 8 the whole trail. All together it is around 120 miles.

frnash

<font color="0000ff">"… a speed limit of 25MPH …"</font>
The next thing will be requiring self-propelled vehicles on [the trails] to be preceded by a man on foot waving a red flag and blowing a horn, as in the early days of the "horseless carriage".