Official John Dee Snow Central Family Thread #185 (33,823)

squat

Well not sure its in the cards for one last trip. I'm so broke from not workingthe last 8 months I don't even know if I have money to go back to work. It's going to take me months to catch up.

So now that sledding is over and it sucked in my case, how about telling how good yours was.

GO RED WINGS!

Dave_B

I rode 200 miles and my sled blew up! That's how mine was!

Bought a replacement. Heading up next week for a few days. Been a LONG time since I have ridden in April!

classic_chic

LOL - Bri - you didn't miss much from my season either! I got my new toy for my birthday - but she has only just over 200 miles on her. This last weekend was my last hurrah for the season on her and we couldn't get her to start...... Over 30 pulls, good friend pulled a muscle in his back and still she wouldn't start (E was working and didn't make it up there to ride Sat). So - called the neighbor who is a lumberjack sized man - and he tried to start her - took him a few tries - but finally she caught! (We also changed the plugs hoping that might help) After that - she ran fine and I was able to pull start her each time after having stopped each time. Needless to say "Angelina" will be headed to the dealership here very soon to find out why she's being such a b%@^! to start! LOL

The snow can go now :( I'm ready to sit on the deck - soak up the sun and get some color!

BTW Squat - are you back to work now?

Bradzoo - how's Kelly? Haven't seen her post on FB..........Hopefully she was able to finally kick the crud!

bigvin

Hey kids,

Sittin' here enjoying my one day off,.... staring out the window at a Bright Sunny
day. Windy here,... but I guess that is good to dry things as they melt.
I litterally could get one last day of good riding in, if I wanted,...(locally),...
but sometimes LAZY is allright! :)
Put 45 miles on in the U.P.
and 1114 miles on LOCALLY!
I have NEVER in my life put on more than 500 miles Locally!
So cool! :)
Will need a new left ski next year (culvert),... but that's o.k.
I HATE Novembers and Aprils because of the sloppiness,...
So I just want it to be summer now. LOL!
Have to lose some weight this year,...Hips have been killing me.
Actually I have lost about 15 lbs since last year,.... but that is
a joke. I just have to face it,... that getting old is tough!
Maybe I will go out and take the vintage sleds for a spin!
Ya!
Hope all is well everyone!

Brotha Vin

yamahachick

Hey Y'all!!

My season was amazing rode every weekend and a few week days bye myself. Life is wonderful when you don't have to work wknds. Well I don't have a job now but maybe soon something will pop up :)

Squat, I'm sending positive thoughts your way. You n Julie r wonderful people and good things come to those like you.

Andrea, That B better get it right next season.

Vin, you had a great season also!!

Dave B, Rob's cat was down a few times this season also I feel for you.

Rob n I are buying a boat for the summer so I'm really looking forward to it getting here soon. Skip April n May come on June ;)

Over n out my friends!!

Last edited:

mrsrunningbear

Hey All,

What a winter! What a March with crazy great snow! It's been the best one so far since we bought the Running Bear, great new customers and tons of return guests/friends! I say guests/friends because they become your friends after a few visits and it's fun to see them. We put over 600 miles on riding with them all. I still have my Rage and really like her but I got to ride lots of different sleds this winter and I fell in love with one!! I rode dcsnomo Rush and I'm hooked!! I think I'm making the move back to Polaris :) what a sled fit me perfect!! I think we're ready for spring too, picking berries and making jam, 4-wheeling and floating on rafts at the yooper yacht club....yup I'm ready, almost :)

Andie, you and E never made it over so we're counting on 4-wheeling, K

Dave when are you heading over?

Serena, Lucky you sounds like an awesome winter and enjoy the boat!!

Vin next time bring the wife, stay longer and we'll ride more (even ATV's)

Brian see you and Julie for trout opener or sooner, Go Blackhawks!! ;)

Bradzoo

Well I only got 1 day and 150 miles in this year, between being sick and working so much it really sucked.

Andie , Kelly is doing good that stuff is a pain to get rid of, she is working alot too.

I had Friday-Sunday off got the bike out Sat. and we rode for about 50 miles, now we got snow on the ground again yippee, Ma nature and her April fools jokes!

Bradzoooooooo

800etec

Brad-How did the bike run? I just put the charger on mine today.I have a quarter mile of gravel road to the blacktop so it might be awhile. Do you suppose the neighbors would talk if i hauled it to the blacktop with the skidsteer?LOL

Bradzoo

Brad-How did the bike run? I just put the charger on mine today.I have a quarter mile of gravel road to the blacktop so it might be awhile. Do you suppose the neighbors would talk if i hauled it to the blacktop with the skidsteer?LOL

Don't see why they would seems normal to me!!

The bike ran great had some work done on it while it was in storage at the Harley dealer, just routine maint stuff, then when I got it home a couple weeks ago I started adding stuff, which I'm not done with yet, but 1st was a new Cee Bailey's light gray tint windshield, I'll take pic's when I get it done of the rest of the stuff. But I most say it was money well spent on the windshield I got another tall one to help keep the wind off of Kelly cause if she's happy then I'm happy, even if the short dark tint does look a lot cooler.

classic_chic

Linda - I am so bummed we didn't make it there - but yes - we're still trying to figure out an ATV trip!

Bradzoo - tell Kelly to keep on top of it with the docs - turns out I'm battling pneumonia. Who would have thought! I sure didn't!!!

Serena - a boat? oh!! now you have the best for both seasons! When are you bringing it to MN for a girls wknd? Better yet - we can meet in WI! ;)

I'm about to turn off the laptop for the day - I cannot get over how wiped out I am after not doing much of anything! This is not like me and I don't like it! Come on antibiotics - kick in and work already....PLEASE!

Bradzoo

Linda - I am so bummed we didn't make it there - but yes - we're still trying to figure out an ATV trip!

Bradzoo - tell Kelly to keep on top of it with the docs - turns out I'm battling pneumonia. Who would have thought! I sure didn't!!!

Serena - a boat? oh!! now you have the best for both seasons! When are you bringing it to MN for a girls wknd? Better yet - we can meet in WI! ;)

I'm about to turn off the laptop for the day - I cannot get over how wiped out I am after not doing much of anything! This is not like me and I don't like it! Come on antibiotics - kick in and work already....PLEASE!

Andie, did you not pay any attention when I was sick, here was the one time I was being used as a good example and you didn't pay any attenetion, go to the Doc before it goes to pneumonia, thats the last time I'll ever be used as a good example I'm goin back to being a bad example its more fun!!!!!HAHAHAHAA Hope ya get better soon

Bradzoooooooooooooooooo

classic_chic

Andie, did you not pay any attention when I was sick, here was the one time I was being used as a good example and you didn't pay any attenetion, go to the Doc before it goes to pneumonia, thats the last time I'll ever be used as a good example I'm goin back to being a bad example its more fun!!!!!HAHAHAHAA Hope ya get better soon

Bradzoooooooooooooooooo

Bradzoo - I did see that you went to the doc - I too went to the doc - but evidently - either I wasn't sick enough or the doc wasn't attentive that day - or I really screwed something up cause here I am :(

But anyway you look at it - you got me laughing - which is supposed to be good medicine ~ but right now it hurts like **** to laugh! BAHAHAHAHA - that's what I get I guess!!!!!!!

Dave_B

Just got back yesterday from one last hurrah. "New" sled ran great but it's really harder to cool than the dragon. Why they put the radiator all the way in the back of the tunnel is beyond me. Snow was so packed, it was hard to keep it cool. Anyways, had a great time and no way could we have ridden another day as the snow was melting fast. Trails took a beating and riding in the woods is really the only place to go.
If you're planning to go, go to Twin Lakes area and plan to ride off trail. Plenty of snow up there but trails are getting thin.
There is still time to ride if you know where you are going. Just don't depend on the trails or getting in and out of towns for gas.
I'm done for the year but looking forward to getting the family up as soon as the snow is gone.
Dave

classic_chic

Hi Prop! Nice to see you sneak out here again! :)

Dave - wish we could have made it to the UP - but hopefully we can sneak up there once the snow is gone and ride some trails via the wheelers!!! Glad you had a chance to take out the new ride this year tho!

I'm going back to my corner where i can't stop coughing.......follow up on thursday - I hope that tells me the pneumonia is clear - but I have a feeling that's not what I'm going to hear....... Fingers crossed!

squat

Well I had the last ride in the yard yesterday. In a T shirt. lol O well, next year will be a good one for me I hope!

Bradzoo

Well Kelly got her own scoot, Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom all tricked out and went for her 1st 100+ mile ride yesterday, she did great and loved it just need to put her windshield on, which also means I could do some changes to my bike!

001 (3).jpg
003 (3).jpg