Oil change kit for Ski Doo 900 ace

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Assuming you meant ACE, I changed it for you. I believe the Kit is the same price at all dealers and on-line. What I've done in the past is buy the Filter from my dealer and then use the Mobil1 0/40 Full Syn. in the 5 gallon jug. You won't need the whole 5 gallons so there's some left over for the next time.

I usually change mine at the end of the season, last spring I dropped one of the plugs down into the bulkhead and it's lost forever. I recall that little drain plug cost around 9 dollars to replace.

There are times when I'm reminded that "snowmobiling is inexpensive", said no one ever!

snoden

Like Gary our group uses Mobile 1 full synthetic oil as well, but we use K&N oil filters. Can buy everything at any Auto parts store. I would call to order filter ahead of time as most likely it's not a stock item.

pclark

Assuming you meant ACE, I changed it for you. I believe the Kit is the same price at all dealers and on-line. What I've done in the past is buy the Filter from my dealer and then use the Mobil1 0/40 Full Syn. in the 5 gallon jug. You won't need the whole 5 gallons so there's some left over for the next time.

I usually change mine at the end of the season, last spring I dropped one of the plugs down into the bulkhead and it's lost forever. I recall that little drain plug cost around 9 dollars to replace.

There are times when I'm reminded that "snowmobiling is inexpensive", said no one ever!
Tanks for the info Gary, I think I will do that.
Like Gary our group uses Mobile 1 full synthetic oil as well, but we use K&N oil filters. Can buy everything at any Auto parts store. I would call to order filter ahead of time as most likely it's not a stock item.
Thanks Snoden, You wouldn't happen to have the part number for the K&N filter would you?

hybrid

i like k&n oil filters too
use on my atvs and harleys
the nut on the end is great for easy install and removal
price not bad either

hybrid

looks like most r using oem filter as it has a check valve and is reinforced to keep it from collapsing ?
not a doo guy so
just what google told me
hope this helps

smokenjoe

Looking for where to buy the kt at best price?
The skidoo kit also comes with a new o ring for the filter and two crush rings for the oil pan plugs as well as the filter and oil
Just putting that out there if you haven’t done it before.

Tim in Indiana

Paul, I have just bought the kit. Either at Timberline up at Bergland or over at Lando.

Like Smokenjoe said it comes with new rings for the filter and plugs.

pclark

Thanks Guys, I'm going to buy the ski Doo OEM Filter from Dealer in Minocqua and use Mobil 1 W-40, already have the oil, This will be my first time changing the oil and filter in the comfort of my heated garage:cool:

snobuilder

nevermind... looks to be 75 to 90 bucks. not bad if the filter is like Yamahas quality and lasts at least 2 years.

snomoman

I bought my last skidoo oil change kit on Amazon last January and it was $71 plus tax, now they’re $91 plus tax, I’m not sure if you go to the Dootalk website but there’s a lot of good information in there, one thing that is always said is it’s real easy to strip out the drain bolt so be real careful that you don’t over tighten it

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've seen the kit for around $94, The filter is $19 at the dealer and a gallon of Mobil 1 OW-40 is $30 give or take
Yup, the two washers and O Ring will cost you another 50 dollars. Remember, there's two drain plugs. The following vid takes you through the process.

pclark

I spoke with a buddy of mine who comes up for a week every year and he had hard starting issues last year (running Mobil 1 synthetic and aftermarket filters. A trusted Ski-Doo Dealer told hime that the Ski-Doo brand oil has cold weather additives in it and make starting in -15 temps easier. I ended up buying the kit on Amazon for $89, that way I have all the O rings, gaskets, etc.

eao

A trusted Ski-Doo Dealer told hime that the Ski-Doo brand oil has cold weather additives in it and make starting in -15 temps easier.
Of course the Ski-Doo dealer is going to say that, would expect nothing less. OEM dealers want a monopoly of what you buy for your machines and they will say and do anything to advance that agenda. OEM branded oils are big business and many OEM's pressure their dealers into a oil program. Buy X amount of our oil, get a discount on you parts program. So dealers have to move the oils and convincing the customers that everything is no good is what many do.