Oil in sled

2003polaris

I have a question for people out there on oil. I was running Polaris ves oil for my sled. I bought Mystic full synthetic this year to run. People are telling me that I'm stupid to use it. Does it really matter. I have 5000 miles on my sled. Thanks

polarisrider1

Oh god, not this topic again.

The only stupid decision about oil is to decide to not use any.

Bingo.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a question for people out there on oil. I was running Polaris ves oil for my sled. I bought Mystic full synthetic this year to run. People are telling me that I'm stupid to use it. Does it really matter. I have 5000 miles on my sled. Thanks

So what is the question?

ezra

run it . I have been running the semi in all my chit for over a decade with 0 issues .
the full syn tons of guys running with 0 issues. sounds like your buds are supporting the marketing dept pamphlet . it is your money spend it on what u want

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
2003polaris,
Since you're a Junior Member you may have missed the "Oil Thread" last year and the year before, etc. etc. That's no fault of yours and feel free to ask any question you have. After hundreds, maybe thousands of opinions that were posted....nothing was determined. Use whatever you choose, can afford, and what is recommended by the manufacturer and you'll be just fine. Hope you find some snow to play in!

doofan1

2 Smoke Oil is all good. Buy what you want don't worry about what your buds tell you about the "best" oils out there. Personally I try to find something that smells good to me and does not break the bank.

I do think that Polaris VES got something right though. The VES stands for Very Expensive Stuff!

The Mysitc Oil AKA Citgo Sea and Snow usually turns into a fun debate on these boards.

polarisrider1

2 Smoke Oil is all good. Buy what you want don't worry about what your buds tell you about the "best" oils out there. Personally I try to find something that smells good to me and does not break the bank.

I do think that Polaris VES got something right though. The VES stands for Very Expensive Stuff!

The Mysitc Oil AKA Citgo Sea and Snow usually turns into a fun debate on these boards.

Oil is cheap motors are not. ( planting the seed). Lol.

Dave_B

Part of your "Ride another mile Plan"?

I agree. For what's it's worth, after blowing a 2009 800 gem.

sweeperguy

My poo 550 fan burnt down at 320 miles,(Yea I know but I'm stuck now) had switched from polaris blue semi-syn to VES gold. It says i can run either blue, or VES gold. No variable exhaust. Since rebuild have not changed to VES gold. Should i stick with the blue, since they want me to run that for break-in, or switch to VES gold. I have lots of feedback from people here but would like additional input. I've also been running 8 oz or so in the gas tank (10 gal), after the break-in pre mix, Good Idea Or no. Fouling plugs is least of my concerns.

polarisrider1

My poo 550 fan burnt down at 320 miles,(Yea I know but I'm stuck now) had switched from polaris blue semi-syn to VES gold. It says i can run either blue, or VES gold. No variable exhaust. Since rebuild have not changed to VES gold. Should i stick with the blue, since they want me to run that for break-in, or switch to VES gold. I have lots of feedback from people here but would like additional input. I've also been running 8 oz or so in the gas tank (10 gal), after the break-in pre mix, Good Idea Or no. Fouling plugs is least of my concerns.
Good idea. Run the blue and premix 100 to 1. Make sure your oil pump is truly working.

groomerdriver

Steve - IMO I'd run what your dealer says during the warranty period. I know that legally you can run most any 2S oil but why take a chance? Go out and buy a couple of gallons of Mystic/Sea n Sno regular oil and pour that in the tank like you have been doing. Then after the warranty is up, use the Mystic. Good oil and inexpensive.