Ok whos going north

I had plans to head up to Calumet this morning and come home tomorrow night. Instead I woke up to a sick 2yr old who now can't go to daycare. My wife says there's no way she's taking a sick day to stay home with sick kids while I ride snowmobile. grrrrrrr..... On a side note, AmericInn in Calumet has an open room. Ugh...

Excessive, how is the riding out of Wetmore? Heading that direction on Saturday-Tuesday and wondering how it is getting into towns for gas and food.

macker

Excessive, how is the riding out of Wetmore? Heading that direction on Saturday-Tuesday and wondering how it is getting into towns for gas and food.

I can't speak for Excessive, but we came back Sunday from that area, the last 2 days riding around Grand Marais and the trails were excellent! Even getting into town and gas was doable. We started out in Calumet earlier in the week and found the Munising area and to the north and east to be much better riding.

macker

Thanks macker, we usually do a traveling trip, do you think that would work or are we better off riding out of one spot?

We stayed at the Alger Falls Motel (always) and rode out of there south towards Manistique, looped back up to the Jackpine and back across 8 to Wetmore, right from our door. Same thing with the trip to Grand Marais, right from the door. My wife rides a 4s Doo and no heat alarm on the brief run from motel to trail, just need to skip up and off the banks a little. Never hurts to drop at the Bear Trap or out a little farther to Adams trail drop lot. I just hope anybody that wants to ride goes up, it will be worth it. Off trail was set up real hard and not good, that was a bummer.

EXCESSIVE FORCE

We also stayed at Alger Falls in Wetmore and had no problem getting in and out.Gas wasn't a problem. Trails are better east than west.First day we rode to Paradise and back.The second day we rode to Marquette (not the best,but rideable)down to Gwinn and back past the new fuel stop at Rumley to seney and stopped at the Bear Trap on the way back.We wound up with 550 miles in 2 days....

For those that don't know,Pine Stump closed sat night and won't re-open till memorial day weekend.