One more ride

elf

Had to run up to the cabin to do a little work on Saturday and decided I'd better bring the sled with me. It was looking a little bleak as I head up Hwy 61 up the shore but I knew there's be snow up top. Got about 50 miles in, mostly forest roads but also some of the NSST. Latest I've rode so that was fun. IMG_1010s.jpg IMG_1024s.jpg IMG_1020s.jpg IMG_1012s.jpg IMG_1006s.jpg

elf

Yeah, well, it is May today! :D
Funny you say that. My son, who lives in Montana, called last night and he'd been riding yesterday up north of Anaconda. We talked baout how we both wished it had been may 1st over the weekend so we could say we rode in May. He said that at least he rode on April 31st and there weren't many people who could say that. He's right about that, nobody else could say that!

hermie

I remember some years back they still had good snow in the Kee in early May and I was debating going up there to ride so I could say I rode in May. Trail 3 was still good. Wish I would of done it. I just couldn't justify the 7 hour ride but boy do I regret it now. We went up that year in mid April and they still had 5' in the trails. The trails you could ride were still really good. Good for you for getting out so late. Just think only 7 months until you can ride again. Makes the off season a little shorter.😄

Reactions: elf

mezz

He said that at least he rode on April 31st and there weren't many people who could say that. He's right about that, nobody else could say that!
Hmm, April 31st ehhh........ Yep, for sure nobody could say that they rode on Apr 31st....:LOL::LOL::cool:

Last edited:

SledTL

I love seeing the late season pics from you two! XCR didn't you ride in May last year as well? I thought me riding in early April was crazy last year, this might take the cake.

xcr440

That was them… they tried talking me into going.
I love seeing the late season pics from you two! XCR didn't you ride in May last year as well? I thought me riding in early April was crazy last year, this might take the cake.
Yes I did and there are guys still riding and a few I know are going this weekend again…

snomoman

Riding in May sounds pretty awesome, I kind of wonder what riding in June would be if the snow held out, I guess it would be shorts, T-shirt and sunscreen… ha ha