One More Thing Off My Check List.

so8434

Changed the oil on the Wife's Attak this past weekend.You really need to dig deep on this four stoke to find the oil filter.It actually looks worse than it is. Once you learn were all the bolts and connections are it goes pretty quick. This is one of the trade-off for not having to carry oil, or change plugs all year.
118430.jpg

118431.jpg

She isn't very happy when her baby is in pieces.
118432.jpg

All Done.
118433.jpg

S

skylar

Job well done! The look on your wife's face is a classic, laughed my butt off.
happy.gif

L

lenny

she is standing by the heater also trying to stay warm. Did that job many times and yes it seems like a lotta work and it is but you do learn many things about your sled and after the first time it is a breeze

so8434

Thanks Skylar,
She gets kind of funny when it comes to her sled, and I don't mean Ha! Ha! funny either. Believe me there is a lot of extra pressure when you have a cold, angry wife watching her sled being ripped apart. If that oil change went bad it could have meant a life time of sleeping on the couch.

The real reason she watches me so closely is because I am always threatening to de-tune her sled so she doesn't have a chance to win on the lake runs.

dcsnomo

The look on her face translates to "Quit screwing around with the camera and PUT MY SLED BACK TOGETHER! NOW!"

Classic

xsledder

I have the same problem with my Phazer. The next time I change the oil I'm taking the front of it off. Removing the front gives you great access to the oil filter. I takes me a few hours to change the oil on the Phazer where as it takes me half hour to change the oil on my T660 Turbos. It would take me less time to change the oil on my Turbos if I didn't have to take the tubing from the turbo to the intercooler off. (Again, I take the tube off for easy access to the oil filter.)

whitedust

You can move oil filter up front in Apex if you want. I did not as would be first thing wacked if I hit something but other than that looked like a good idea.

so8434

mxz-It is a biscuit shy of 600lbs, not sure of the split. Don't let the weight fool you, this thing flies.

whitedust- I'm with you the filter can stay were it is. I don't mind tearing it down once a year, it gives me a chance to look things over.

mxz_chris

Oh I bet it is, I just remember what 600lbs felt like on the old Mach Z, and it scares me. That was a bullet too.
Where is your shop? I am cutting some A2 wasting a Saturday right now.

zrjes

That's an amazing motor, extremely effortless to see triple digit speeds. When I borrowed Apex to go for a little ride I had no idea how fast I was going until I looked down and saw that I should probably slow down a bit....So smooth you don't even realize how fast your going.

It is a portly sled though, definitely an on trail only machine, wet weight is probably closer to 675 lbs.

Stack

so8434

Chris, I am in S.Elgin, IL. I am no stranger to A-2 being mostly a Tool & Die Shop. Just be glad It isn't D-2 or CPM, right?? Even tho your working late on a Saturday I bet it's better than not enough work. Hot or cold never warm.

zrjes- This is a Cadillac by every definition of the term.. Fast, and comfortable! It just cruises at 95 mph.

whitedust

You guys kill me with the old Mach weight comparos to Yams 4s. Don't even think the old dead weight of the triple triples of the 90s are in the same league as the Apex Attack. You have to ride one before you comment on weight.

Now does so8434 wife look like a big woman? Noooooooooo I don't think so..... but that little lady will blow by you on that Attack. That should tell you something about weight of a well balanced Yam sled.

so8434

Yep Whitedust you are correct. I am 6'3 200 lbs and she has blown by me on my 09' 800r Renegade on more than one occasion. ( when I wasn't looking LOL.)