One person wont make a difference..........

Modman440

Truly the saddest thing ive heard this year. Well since the weather sucks figured we could twist things up a bit last year i posted about a gentlemen who has a sled based youtube channel. I went on a mild rampage about the whole after market can deal.

SO HEAR ME OUT........
Not long ago he made a video speaking on this and that he was called out on several forums and such we know that back story at least from my previous post. So the kid has made some fairly good content and has a decent amount of subs to his channel. With that being said tons of negitive comments about the cans aling with a few pro can guys. Which is totally fine!!!!!! Legal cans are just fine by me and the state however I'm sure land owners find them annoying to an extent.

BUT in all of this video his primarry excuse for having a mtn can tk ride in the yoop was this. " other people have cans, one person wont make a difference."

I was told his dad was on here so maybe a positive view would do some good. Your a young fairly succesfully kid who has the power to promote our sport in a positive way with potential to effect many people's decisions on buying one or not. If other younger guys see another young man making a responsible decision to leave her alone or buy a legal can it could change some one elses mind in the future.

Ive been riding the 906 for 19 years. Ive watched the changes some for the good others somewhat worrisome for our sport and could just down right be bad for it. Alot of change such as the closure of a section of trail can come from one single person. So if one person can have a negitive effect, can someone please explain to me how 1 person cant have a positive effect? I know many individuals who have had a direct positive effect on the snowmobile community. So i guess what im hoping is this . can others share a time where one person has had a positive effect on our community. From sharing a simple message of drinking and riding can save a life to someone who has saved a life? Maybe show this young man his influence could lead him to potentially greater success! Brand ambassador maybe the sky could truly be the limit.

MOD

snobuilder

You somewhat echo my initial response to his thread that IMO was a feable attempt to score more hits on his tube channel.

- - - Updated - - -

I think young Zak has a passion for sledding and a real "flare" as well. Like it or not we need to keep the kids (even the likes of him) interested and eventually they will become like us old guards.. ..today's instant reactation to videos is just another hurdle.
I would like to hear what his dad thinks though.
Pretty sure he is the reason Zac is a sledder...
.and the money man

Over the past 50 years or so there have been countless "individuals" who established this thing we call the snowmobile industry which was initially established by them who worked to create the trail systems we all take for granted.

1fujifilm

You somewhat echo my initial response to his thread that IMO was a feable attempt to score more hits on his tube channel.

- - - Updated - - -

I think young Zak has a passion for sledding and a real "flare" as well. Like it or not we need to keep the kids (even the likes of him) interested and eventually they will become like us old guards.. ..today's instant reactation to videos is just another hurdle.
I would like to hear what his dad thinks though.
Pretty sure he is the reason Zac is a sledder...
.and the money man

Over the past 50 years or so there have been countless "individuals" who established this thing we call the snowmobile industry which was initially established by them who worked to create the trail systems we all take for granted.

He has flair, I wonder if he works at Fleaners?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7SNEdjftno

FYI; if you have not seen this movie, it is a top 10 in my book.

Bear

Sandylake

I dig where you're coming from.

I thought his post and video was a troll.

I don't understand why anyone would want to make their sled louder.

My kids RMK 800 sounds great and throaty when its pegged and nice and quiet at idle.

He did show up with a GGB can that was gifted to him (theoretically) and was going to use it for this years hillclimb but after I informed him that his sled, that I bought for him, is NOT going in a hillclimb and I am NOT paying for any noise ticket he gets and that was pretty much that.

The snowmobile industry needs to make an muffler that doesn't weigh 25 pounds and meets the noise requirements, stock.

Modman440

I have no issue with cans as ling as there legal my speedwerx can is legal but sounds awesome at wide open at idle sounds stock as can be.

This industry was made by individuals honeslty look at Chris and BBA that is a single man promoting a form of riding that is truly a booming part of this industry. My point is tho he was a no one young dumb punk at one point. Now is known around the world for promoting safe riding, protecting the enviornment and building amazing sleds.

One person can make a huge difference no one can make me believe different.

MOD

WorkHardPlayHrd

You ask for specifics examples of what others have done to make a positive impact on this industry. I'll bet many of us have. How many of you have helped someone broke down on the trail, helped tow someone back, changed a belt for someone, gotten gas or oil. Gone to the nearest phone you can find in order to call 911 because many times cell phones don't work where we are riding. Many snowmobilers have assisted in search and rescue operations. O, and how many times when we do these things do we refuse payment of any kind. The words I have said and that have been said to me. Pass it on! One day when it's you you'll hope that someone else is there for you!

But, it seems like the bad leaves a far worse impression then the good. Paradise Michigan is a town on a main trail. One bar, one gas station, and multiple motels and hotels. We had parked and changed for the night so we weren't all geared up when we went to the bar. We were eating when a woman comes over and sits at our table and starts ranting about snowmobiles and how everyone makes them loud and doesn't care about locals. ( We were the only ones in there not wearing snow pants, and she didn't see our boots under the table). Basically she was just looking to complain, but the point is a few bad make us all look bad. P.S. of the 4 times I've been through Paradise DNR was there twice doing noise tests.

Yes the young man can set an example, but he is learning what he says from other sources himself. He probably follows some big famous snowmobiler who swears by aftermarket loud cans and is repeating what he hears without thinking about what his actions could do the sport he loves.

eagle1

Not a can proponent. But I'd guess there'd still be just as many noise complaints if all sleds were stock!
Listening to couple thousand sleds go by everyt weekend would get old even for me can only imagine what locals deal with. It's called throttle control.........time and place for it......stock or not. My .02
I also agree with what you saying...one can either be a leader or a follower.

Sandylake

I basically live on a snowmobile trail, 100 yards away. This year has been a slow start because of this crazy weather. Noise was a concern when I bought the property but my concerns ended up not being a problem. Every once and a while a few sleds go by that are running illegal cans but they are gone in just moments so it's no big deal.

Only one time did I think it was crazy excessive and that was when I was about one hundred yards down pike lake road, just past Krupps. A sled crossed the road going to Omar's and pegged it. That guy must have been running a straight pipe. Even from that distance I jumped outta my skin. It was so loud I was confused to what exactly happened. Loud.