Oneida county opener

Swampy

Just got word that Oneida County in Northern WI is due to open this Saturday, Jan 2nd!! Wow!! Big storm coming! Big Lakes not safe yet! Big swamps not Frozen yet! I guess they have to open sometime. There will be a lot of "TRAIL CLOSED" signs on Northwoods Passage trails. Not too sure about the lakes either. Please obey all signs and do not venture out on lakes if not marked. Feel free to contact Vieguts Do-It Express (Brian) or Tim Calhoun at Tomahawk Sports Center if anyone wants to volunteer to pack some swamps.

Last edited:

whitedust

Economic pressure will open trails in both Oneida & Vilas with big snow. If storm is a bust they won't open. I'm pretty sure you mean Jan 1!

Swampy

OPPS!! lol. Went out brushing trails today and found that the wet areas are freezing up nicely but where ever there's a
swampy area it's just skimmed over and very wet underneath. At least the cold is helping in some areas.

3_old_jags

Swampy THANK YOU!! For all that you do! The Sled Mafia gang was planning to come up this weekend and grab one of Bob and T's special burgers and help out, only problem our jobs interfiered. We'll be all up for MLK. Thanks again for all our Northwoods Passage groomers do!

Swampy

Love doing it! Couldn't sleep last night. Hopping in the groomer to go pound some trails shortly. Doesn't look like a whole lot of snow but we'll go pack it down anyway and get a start on our base.
Big Cash Raffle on Sunday at Bootleggers Supper Club!! Still tickets available. Big fundraiser for the Passage.

Swampy

As of now it sounds like Oneida may open on Saturday but they're not saying for sure yet until they talk to all the clubs by the sounds of it. Not like it matters. Not enough snow to the North like Attak man says. Went out today with the machine only to try and pack the little bit that we got and open some gates just in case. Lucky I did, because there were a lot of trees down from the wind. There were a few sleds out running the grade. seems like they were doing a better job of packing than I was as long as they don't rip it up. Only thing is, they were riding around the trees I had to cut. Oh well. It was fun to get out and play in the snow. I got a picture today of my sled being assembled. Oh, and it's Black & Orange Attak man!! No pee (yellow) for ya.

Swampy

Still looks like Saturday. Don't know what time though. Pres and V. Pres of Northwoods Passage went out today towards Rhinelander to pack the swamps. Tim said the swamps were just fine for sleds and the stuff I ran with the groomer yesterday had set up and was very nice. I'm thinking it was just better than the other trails they rode. Other than that they said that the trail needs some serious brushing by the airport but they did what they could for now. (2 GUYS!!) Sure would be nice if we could get some help over there! But that's another story... Will let you know tomorrow as far as what time on Saturday.