Only nominees, their guests and presenters can attend the Oscars

liquidandrew

For months, the Academy of Motion Pictures and Sciences has been trying to figure out how to hold the Oscars on April 25th during a pandemic. They finally found a way, and yesterday they sent out a letter to their members. Most of whom will not be able to buy a ticket to the shindig.
That is because Academy President David Rubin said in the letter that was obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, “This year, those attending the awards in person will be nominees, their guest, and presenters.”

The Oscars will also be held at two different locations in Los Angeles, Union Station in DTLA and Dolby Theatre at Hollywood and Highland. I wonder if the winners are going to be at one location and the losers at the other? We will find out soon enough.

There was even more sad news for everyone. The Academy also cancelled the “Oscar Nominees Luncheon and such beloved Oscar-week occasions as the International Feature Film nominee cocktail reception, and public programming for the Short Film, Documentary, Animated Feature, International Feature Film and Makeup and Hairstyling categories. I’m sorry to add that this year’s awards also will not include a post-Oscars Governors Ball celebration, or Oscar Night watch parties in London and New York.”

With all of that said, they promise it will be “an Oscars show like none other, to honour the extraordinary movies, memorable performances and achievements in the filmmaking of the past year.”

That highly doubt. The nominations are a bunch of movies that no one has seen even though, most of them are available on streaming services for us to view.

Plus, there is no host. They need one to keep the madness sane for the viewer at home.

I have been saying and will continue to say; they should have just cancelled this year’s show.

Are you going to watch it?

euphoric1

Wait... what??? there was a good movie released in the last year??? in this powder puff politically correct world we live in there is no such thing as a "really good movie" anymore, but I do nominate Russel Crowe in Unhinged, Id like to think in the movie he was having a bad day because he too was fed up with all this C***D poop and someone just pushed him over the edge. No I wont be watching it...never did.

Last edited:

meathead

Wait... what??? there was a good movie released in the last year??? in this powder puff politically correct world we live in there is no such thing as a "really good movie" anymore, but I do nominate Russel Crowe in Unhinged, Id like to think in the movie he was having a bad day because he too was fed up with all this C***D poop and someone just pushed him over the edge. No I wont be watching it...never did.

C'mon Brian!!!!!! You and your lovely wife didn't want to curl up on the sofa with a big bowl of POPCORN and be lulled to sleep with Hollywood patty themselfs on the back??? YEA me neither... wife and I played board games till late and watched the snow fall..