Our AWESOME week!

windingtrailgal

AMAZING! Were in Eagle River on 2/28...we didn't get our hopes up TOO high...but we woke up 2/29 (wed) to over a foot of fresh snow and still snowing!! Were the first ones out on the trails. Was a once in a lifetime event for me!! (pic 1 and 4- date stamp is wrong) We rode Eagle River (E of town), Conover, Star Lake, Land O areas. I liked Eagle River Sno Eagles on FB and they do a great job of reporting conditions, FYI. Wednesday was such a post card looking day that I couldn't have taken pictures of it all - so just tried to soak it all in.

Big Daddy's new toy!! (pic 2 with Pip on the bad boy wishing!!)

We rode a little slice of the Northwoods Wed, Thrus, Friday. We had a great time! We had a nice accident on a twistie maybe around St Germain? If a Switchback rear ends an RMK, there will just be some scratches on the hood of the SB!! Who knew? (and no one wants to find out!) If it wasn't such an incredibly dangerous spot to have this happen and if we weren't all so freaked out, I would have taken a pic. Poooey to the people who gave us dirty looks like we were having a picnic in the trail (all 10-12 of them)- thanks to the 2 gentlemen who calmly helped us separate the sleds! Trails were getting a little crazy busy but 98% of the riders out there were keeping their cool and having a great time.

Pic 5 is what I see when I'm riding...

Met some great people and had a ton of fun!! Sayner Pub, Black Oak and Log Cabin didn't let us down with their great food and great service!

Then up to White Pine for some more fun to round out the weekend! Finally met fellow JD'er nytro_rtx, who I've been chatting with for over a year thanks to the JD site and just never gotten the chance to meet. He didn't dissapoint with his great sense of humor and just a great guy! Nytro and Ranlam (such a bummer about your sled!!) took us to an incredibly fun play around spot for some trail riders who like to have a little off trail fun. I got only 2 pics before the stupid camera died!! (pic 3 of Sam having the time of his life letting the RMK play where it belongs!!) Thanks, guys, for taking us there and thanks, Nytro for making it so much fun for all of us!!

All in all - such a great trip and feel so lucky to have gotten to ride the trails with so much fresh powder. A great time was had by all! :)

Thanks to all of my fellow snowmobilers out there who were having just as much fun as we were and to those who helped us get unstuck! DSCN5029.jpg DSCN5071.jpg DSCN5079.jpg DSCN5033.jpg DSCN5035.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10829

Glad you had a great time! The scenery looked beautiful, a real winter wonderland. How did Big Daddy like his new toy?

windingtrailgal

pease,

Bigdaddy was pretty stoked! And conditions for it were heaven!!

When he picked it up, the kid that loaded it said "Oh man! YOU'RE the one who bought the Van Halen sled??" We were crackin up!

But I really think the 9 year old liked it more! It was hard to get him to ride with me instead of his dad!

D

Deleted member 10829

pease,

Bigdaddy was pretty stoked! And conditions for it were heaven!!

When he picked it up, the kid that loaded it said "Oh man! YOU'RE the one who bought the Van Halen sled??" We were crackin up!

But I really think the 9 year old liked it more! It was hard to get him to ride with me instead of his dad!

That Van Halen line is good, I'm surprised a kid would even know who they are!

I'm so fussy with my sled there's no way anyone would load my sled other than me! LOL

windingtrailgal

He loaded it with a fork lift and bigdaddy could barely watch. It was up to me to put the fear of God into the poor Van Halen fan! :eek:

bonnevier

WOW is about all I can say...these must be the pics you were talking about on FB. Glad everyone had a good time and you got some great conditions!

windingtrailgal

Bonn, I didn't take NEARLY enough pics! But it really was an awesome trip! We finally got lucky with that time share week gift from Art's mom and it wasn't the kiss of mother nature death! :cool:

skiroule

Cool pics! Apparently when your family hits the trail, you keep a "tight formation".

Van Halen sled - Now that's funny!

windingtrailgal

Cool pics! Apparently when your family hits the trail, you keep a "tight formation".

Van Halen sled - Now that's funny!

I try not to take TOO many pics while I'm actually DRIVING my sled?! :eek: And my poor kid with the rear ending incident - well, I guess we were a little bit bunched up...but not from bumper-gating - it was just tight twisties with a lot of traffic and there was just no stopping - even as slow as we were going! - I watched him just slide right into the back of the RMK! Leader bigdaddy HAD to stop to keep from hitting another on coming sled. It was either stop or him hit the sled or a tree! And hitting either was NOT an option with the new toy! :eek:

The sled with be forever dubbed the Van Halen sled. We were calling it the Rockstar sled before that anyway! :D

windingtrailgal

fish, we need the corrupting after being lifelong trail riders. The 14 year old is EASY to corrupt...has been WAITING for someone who knows HOW to corrupt him! Nytro and ranlam took us to a spot close to where we had just stared at and thought "should we or shouldn't we" - always nice to have someone say SHOULD!! :D We find when we go off trail we are just riding unmarked trails!? :cool:

nytro_rtx

WTG, It was a pleasure to finaly meet you and your family also!! It was a blast hanging with all you guys finaly, hopefully next time I won't have to get going so soon and I can take you out to some other play areas and have some more fun!!! I'm glad you had a good time out playin and we'll forsure have alot more of them in the future.

Sam was sure havin a blast on the RMK, even tho you were about to have a heart attack when he was jumping up the hill!! LOL I have a feeling he's gonna test your heart alot more as the years go on!!! You might have to take along a lil something to calm your nervres!!! LOL

Tell everyone I said hi, talk to ya soon
nytro

nytro_rtx

LOLOLOL we do our best!!!!

I just have a few thing to do to the 450, I think I will do them one night this week and go ride this weekend. I always love it when I can sled one weekend and ride the bike the next!!!

Nytro & ranlam corrupting visitors to White Pine 1 at a time. You fella's got the bikes ready?

nytro_rtx

WTG, I won't corrupt Sam to bad, as long as you're with us but I can't promise anything if you're not along!!!! LOL

fish, we need the corrupting after being lifelong trail riders. The 14 year old is EASY to corrupt...has been WAITING for someone who knows HOW to corrupt him! Nytro and ranlam took us to a spot close to where we had just stared at and thought "should we or shouldn't we" - always nice to have someone say SHOULD!! :D We find when we go off trail we are just riding unmarked trails!? :cool:

windingtrailgal

WTG, It was a pleasure to finaly meet you and your family also!! It was a blast hanging with all you guys finaly, hopefully next time I won't have to get going so soon and I can take you out to some other play areas and have some more fun!!! I'm glad you had a good time out playin and we'll forsure have alot more of them in the future.

Sam was sure havin a blast on the RMK, even tho you were about to have a heart attack when he was jumping up the hill!! LOL I have a feeling he's gonna test your heart alot more as the years go on!!! You might have to take along a lil something to calm your nervres!!! LOL

Tell everyone I said hi, talk to ya soon
nytro

I think I've watched too many of those Sledneck and other vids throughout the years - must avoid watching the crashes from now on - no more visions of sleds and riders rolling down hills!! He's a good rider and him being worried about wrecking his precious sled helps.

WTG, I won't corrupt Sam to bad, as long as you're with us but I can't promise anything if you're not along!!!! LOL

It might be best if me and my short track just stay home or stick to the trails - then no heart issues and no helping to dig anyone out! Sam got stuck later that day off 102. Getting to him in the 3 foot snow was the problem. The 2 youngers just walked right on top of that snow...Art and I sank up to our crotch with every dam step! Our AH HAAAA moment for why we see people with snow shoes on their sleds!! :eek:

Thanks again! We all had a great time - on and off the sleds! Up next? Dirt bikes and Jeepin!! I can carry the supplies! :)