Out West trip

well its that time of the year again. Starting to plan a few trips. looking for some feedback. Should my group head to the snowies or the tog area in janurary?
thanks

skeedoo

Can't go wrong with either place. If you can set your dates now but pick your destination when you see who has the most snow. If your worried about costs Snowies is probably a less expensive trip.

jmom800x

well its that time of the year again. Starting to plan a few trips. looking for some feedback. Should my group head to the snowies or the tog area in janurary?
thanks

Last season I would have said TOG. But, after a couple trips to the west side(less traveled) of the Snowy's, the area has grown on me. Each has its perks, what type of riding are you interested in?

Moms will be taking the custom slim-o, hauling sleds and people to both locations in December, January March and April.

Looking for a ride?
Transport, Lodging and Meals for only $750
(five nights of lodging and 6 days to ride mountain pow)

Last edited:

nitroman

Tog there will be no snow in the snowies in January and what there is will be all tracked up by the WKM crew and all the other JD'ers going the week before us!

cuzzinolaf

We stay on the West side of the Snowy Range, Near Saratoga, Ten Mile Inn, Close to the Good Stuff, and Gas across the Street, and trail at the end of the Driveway, Only Complaint, it is an extra 1.5 hour drive from Laramie.
http://tenmileinn.com

What is it like over there? How far to the "good stuff"? I always heard the western side gets more and am curious. What elevation is the Inn at?

polarisrider1

What is it like over there? How far to the "good stuff"? I always heard the western side gets more and am curious. What elevation is the Inn at?

Cuzz, if Kev says it is true than it is true. Kevin has never steared me wrong. I am going to. Cooke City to ride with him 5 days after I return from the snowies with you. I will fill you in on the April fools ride to 10 mile.

cuzzinolaf

Cuzz, if Kev says it is true than it is true. Kevin has never steared me wrong. I am going to. Cooke City to ride with him 5 days after I return from the snowies with you. I will fill you in on the April fools ride to 10 mile.

You considering the April Fools ride?

polarisrider1

On and off the list. Not sure at this time. I want to do Wawa in March. I was going to 10 mile until I switched up to go with you guys. Heck eventually I will need to go to work. Lol. How many trail permits can a guy buy in a season?