• Both

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • other local grass drag/swap meet

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters

thebreeze

I'm going to hay-days again this year, even after the debacle last year. Just make sure you have a cooler of beer in the truck, with plenty of cold ones for the 4 hour traffic jam getting in. Ive never been to the outlaw grass drags, and don't plan to go. Haydays is the only sled show to go and see the big aftermarket companies that cater to the mountain segment in the midwest.

big_motor_guy

I can't support something that I feel was an absolute nightmare last year, I got in without a problem so I wasn't one of those in a car all day and the entire event is a joke to me. Pricing is about 5-10% off retail, If any businesses will be offering haydays only pricing (I know they all claim that) then then should post as to what the deal will be, if good enough, they may get more people at thier booths.

The main problem to me is 475 sno-barrons who ride on wheelers all day, causing more congestion and don't seem to be providing anything service to the people there. There should be a limit and if they are on shifts, a place for the barrons to park the wheelers when they are not on duty.

I was told by three different barrons that the swap meet was in three completely seperate location (one was right, which I found only after going to the other two places). Parking aside the event was a joke, same price on things I could have got in stores for the most part and the 4wheeler congestion is twice as bad as stroller congestion at a state fair.

The barrons do provide nice benefits to a lot of local snowmobile clubs but this event is so poorly run, it seems to me there are going on the "haydays" name and not making the experience better for those that have to pay $20 or more to get into and park at this event. I'd rather just give my $20 to the local club.

Most (but not all) aftermarket companies are at both events. I think the sno-barrons are like politicians, I wish I could vote them all out and have some others take this event over, haydays is a great brand name but to me, that's the only reason people keep going is the name, it not for how great the event actually is.

Last edited:

thunderstruck88

I live to far away to attend but I would love seeing both of these events just once bucket list material and you all have a good time up there and be safe to THINK SNOW , ROCK + ROLL and FUDGE!!!!!!!!! PEACE!!!!!! ;)

doospunk

I'll be going to both. I really don't give a rip about the size / price, congestion, temp, conditions etc, etc. If I find a better deal elsewhere, then I'll buy that. It's more about the experience for me, and getting together with my riding buds who we don't get to see to often during the summer. 2 events dedicated to snowmobiling with loads of things to experience, people to talk to, stuff to see, eat and drink! It only happens twice a year, so buck up and get out there! (I know it's easier said than done if you live out of state, but that's not the case for me.)

northmnsledder

I can't support something that I feel was an absolute nightmare last year, I got in without a problem so I wasn't one of those in a car all day and the entire event is a joke to me. Pricing is about 5-10% off retail, If any businesses will be offering haydays only pricing (I know they all claim that) then then should post as to what the deal will be, if good enough, they may get more people at thier booths.

The main problem to me is 475 sno-barrons who ride on wheelers all day, causing more congestion and don't seem to be providing anything service to the people there. There should be a limit and if they are on shifts, a place for the barrons to park the wheelers when they are not on duty.

I was told by three different barrons that the swap meet was in three completely seperate location (one was right, which I found only after going to the other two places). Parking aside the event was a joke, same price on things I could have got in stores for the most part and the 4wheeler congestion is twice as bad as stroller congestion at a state fair.

The barrons do provide nice benefits to a lot of local snowmobile clubs but this event is so poorly run, it seems to me there are going on the "haydays" name and not making the experience better for those that have to pay $20 or more to get into and park at this event. I'd rather just give my $20 to the local club.

Most (but not all) aftermarket companies are at both events. I think the sno-barrons are like politicians, I wish I could vote them all out and have some others take this event over, haydays is a great brand name but to me, that's the only reason people keep going is the name, it not for how great the event actually is.

While I won't comment on the Snowbarrons and their huge ATV patrol ;-) Outlaws still seems "small time" to me compared to Haydays. Lots more booths and stuff to see out at Haydays. However I think Outlaws has really gained some ground the past few years and hopefully they continue to do so. I go to both each year and will again this year. We all win if BOTH grow so hopefully they both have a good year this year.

samc

1st yr in over 15 I will not be doing the nightmare of hay days I only let my self get abused 1 time and move on.I have called travel agents and re booked trips for my anniversay for that event and taken the heat. beleve me skiping out to hay days on your anniversary can create some big fires at home but was willing to take the hit.now all I can think about is that fat cow sitting on her side buy side stressing out the springs and laughing and making light of it I still want to slap that grin off that lying pigs face.if I feel the need to be abused I will bring my $20 over to mistress Helga's S&M emporium and take my whipping
LOL
X2 - haven't missed Haydays since 1998 but this year might be my first one!

tyeeman

I think we'll be giving hay days another shot this year. Actually for the first ever the wife wants to go. Huuhhhh?? We never buy anything, it's just kinda fun hangin with a couple thousand of your best sledding buds and getting that first wiff of sled exhaust.
I have to believe that the whole traffic/parking thing will be a lot better this year.

scott_l

Take a look at the Hay Days site, they have a new map that shows the new parking lots. There will still be one free parking lot (just south of the grounds, same one as last year), but an additional 4 or 5 lots that are to the west, north and east. The additional lots are all private (they have had to get permits) and they will charge you money to park. Each lot can set their own price, some lots will allow camping. Plan ahead and hope for the best but be prepared for the worse :).

See ya all at both events!

Last edited:

dickmsp

Guys, Guys, it was the 1st year at the new site last year!! Plus they had to fight the city and county and major bridge construction at interstate 35 and the main road to the new Hay Days site. I finished my 8th year snowmobiling last season, and I've started each year by going to Hay Days. Yes it was a big pain getting there last year, but I had a great time!! I live in MN but ran into new friends I met in the U P, and other great folks I saw out on the trails.. Don't let first year growing pains keep you from attending. I also go to the outlaws which is great too, but it just makes me more excited about Hay Days!! ( also, the Elk River MN club puts on a great swap meet a few weeks after Hay Days...) I like the new bigger site, and how the sled manufacturers are set up and how the aftermarket folks are set up too.. Ever been to a new restaurant on opening night or buy a first year sled??? LOL!! I think with the increase in parking, completed road construction and the first year done, we'll all have a blast!! Now, all we have to do is get rid of this awful hot weather and get some snow!!! See you at Outlaws and especially at Hay Days!!