Packers vs Lions-Thanksgiving 2011!

Well here goes. This is being billed as a great game, and it certainly should be a great game. I have concerns about keeping Aa-Rod safe, about how the game will be played and of course, the outcome.

That being said, I do think the Green Bay Packers pull out a victory tomorrow about 1:45pm CST.

Score prediction is Packers 38-Lions 30.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it'll be a good game too. The Odds are Green Bay by a touchdown but I'm not so sure. Detroit used to give us fits when they were a poor team and they always play well on Thanksgiving. With Detroit's talent and loud crowd up against the hottest team in the NFL, this should be good one to watch.

Win or Lose, I'll be "Thankful" if Green Bay comes out of this one with no injuries.

mride460

A good game for sure!
We all know what Packer team will show up.. the key to a great game will depend on which Lions team shows up.
The Lions can be great, but are still unreliable. If the big score "O" and the dominate "D" show up the Packers will be in for a long day!!!
I'm with the rest of you guys on a high scoring one score win, but growing up in Detroit and suffering for all those decades, I'm gonna stir the pot and say the Lions win.....

azandy

This game scares me. Packers are the better team, I think most of us agree. I just hope Matt Statford doesn't chew up our defense.
Should be a good game though.

slimcake

GO lions!!!! I am sooooo sick of hearing about Aaron Rodgers. This team is not that great. Easy schedule, check. Flags on the opposing team at all the right times, check. Lucky lucky lucky and I know this is part of it. Lions should run all over them if they show up tomorrow..... Go Lions!!!

pitt

GO PACK! It outa be a good game for sure but the Packers will prevail....11-0 tomorrow afternoon.

cobalt_502

Slimcake your sick of hearing about A-Rod? I watch hours of ESPN each day and all they ever talk about is Tebow and Sanchez! Now when Brent was here I can understand the sick of hearing about him logic.

I am a die hard Packer Fan but this game could be ugly for us! Defense has been a real problem for Green Bay, if they don't show up were screwed.

F

fusion

GO lions!!!! I am sooooo sick of hearing about Aaron Rodgers. This team is not that great. Easy schedule, check. Flags on the opposing team at all the right times, check. Lucky lucky lucky and I know this is part of it. Lions should run all over them if they show up tomorrow..... Go Lions!!!

Slim, hopefully you are better at snowmobiling, than recognizing dominant NFL teams.

Packers winners of 16 in a row....check
Packers winners of 10 straight this year .....check
Packers top scoring offense in the NFL .....check
Packers defending Super Bowl champs.....check
Packers leading the NFL in turnovers.....check
Packers leading the league in interceptions....check
Packers leading NFL power rankings for 16 straight weeks.....check

Lions, perennial losers......check
Lions, last NFL title over 50 years ago....check
Lions losers of 7 straight on Thanksgiving......check

whitedust

Refs better have track shoes on going to be high scoring game that could go either way. This game means nothing to the Pack other than in North Divison & Lions will rub each score when ahead in Packers face & big game for Lions. Lions are not good winners or losers & Schwartz stirs opposing team emotions just as bad as Ditka did for da Bears. Should be some good fights in second half & cheap shots by Lions has been their pattern. Pack may look like tired team in short week. Either way Bears win with this outcome.

mride460

Slimcake your sick of hearing about A-Rod? I watch hours of ESPN each day and all they ever talk about is Tebow and Sanchez! .

X 2!! Real sick of the Tebow wagon!!

I don't think the Packer coverage is over the top at all. The Pack are a great team. Some of their fans on the other hand. ;-)

Last edited:

jmag

as a bears fan i am cheering for the pack which i dont do very often. as a football fan whose team has played both of these teams, i think the pack will trounce the lions. watch out for the cheap shots

jerkbait_1075

Im a bears fan to. But today Im the BIGGEST PACKER FAN ever. Hows that stupid chant go??? GO PACK GO..... Seriously I realize that my bears are little threat in the post season. I am however taking the entire family (wife and two girls) to the New Years day game Bears vs. Vikes in Minneapolis. I managed to score 3rd row seats right next to the tunnel where all the players come out. My kids are so pumped up at ages 8 and 10 they cannot wait to see all their favorite players from both teams come onto the field. That whole game would mean a whole lot more knowing that the Bears were able to grab a wild card spot and that the season wasnt over that day. Would really be sweet to see Jay Cutler Back on the field that day also. So Anyways, GO PACK GO, GO PACK GO, GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!

Papa Bear have mercy on my soul??????

yamahauler

The Pack will win this game by at least 14. I think it will be 45-30.

Smith should have a good day running the ball but I think the Pack will have to picks 6's as Stafford will get over
confident trying to go deep.

Hopefully the lions don't pull out the bag of cheap shots when on D.

Enjoy the game and Happy Thanksgiving all.

D

Deleted member 10829

And some that weren't penalities (pass interference on the Lions)! And roughing the passer on Rodgers. What a joke!

Last edited by a moderator:

jr37

Pack better step it up, or they will get their first L. I sure hope that doesn't happen.