Painting a camping trailer??

mikeh906

I just purchased a trailer with aluminum or tin siding and it was painted at the factory but has faded and needs new paint. But what kind of paint? I plan on spraying, roller, brush to apply it. And will pressure wash, then caulk ect. Before painting should I use a red 3m pad to scuff the surface? Thanks for any help, as I want it to look nice, not a sloppy job.

ezra

I have sprayed old cabin trucks with rustoleum no thinner with a airless sprayer verry scratch resistant.use it for driving in the woods and olny the biggest limbs will scratch.sherwin williams sells a industrial coating machine coating that is napthia based sprays out verry nice lays flat and shiny you can see yourself in the finnish of the clear .not to pricy maby 35gal .pressure wash wipe down with a rag and what ever thinner your paint is based on spray and call it a day.most oil or napthia based paints take says to fully cure.laquer verrry fast dry but laquer can be messed up in the future with gas or other laquer based products and can be a bit more brittel and chip or crack on flexing tin.is she a vintage ?I have wanted to restore a vintage shasta 50's for a long time but I dont think I would get the use out of it I would like.