Paradise, pine stump, Newberry area.

sledneck

After the warm up and the rain is there rideable trails still? Or is it not worth it this time. Have a trip planned at the end of this week to head up. Roughly a 6 hour drive for us so we would hate to waste our time. Any input would be fantastic. Thanks fellas

Sledneck

no1_pro

sledneck

I have a trip planned to go to my cabin in Paradise this Friday till Monday to ride. Also with a 5 hour drive. Im on the fence and thinking of not going with the trail and weather reports. I will decide Thursday to go or not. Looking like there will be only one way in and out of Paradise as trail 8 south and trail 45 towards the falls, Newberry, Seney are closed with the gates up. Swamp areas lots of deep water and not froze yet with the warm weather and rain. So in a nut shell Being from up their (part time) I think with the holiday week there will a decent amount of riders staying in town and with only trail 8 towards Pine Stump, Grand Marais there will a lot of traffic on one trail in both directions as conditions are better around Grand Marais. Try looking for paradise area nightriders on assface the club gives daily trail reports and conditions. Jokeing kinda on calling facebook assface but that's what its turned into in my opinion. Hope this helps.

no1 pro

sledneck

Thanks yes it does, re book with a place in Grand Marais as they seem to have more snow already and are expecting more threw out the week.

xpr800

I would wait, it was n the 40's on Sunday & some rain fell in places & with people off of work this week, bringing their families to ride (in the dirt) I mean on the trails that are open, not all are yet, still gates up in some places & some have not been groomed yet. You know its not going to be good, too early for off trail riding, Yes they are getting lake effect this week but with the holiday traffic, its gone before it hits the ground. 6 hours is a long way to drive for that, I suppose if you were to stay in Grand Marais or Paradise, you could ride some but would be limited to stay close to your starting point, what fun is that? Let the holidays end & when people have to go back to work, then go during the week! Just my opinion. I am itching to ride too but I usually don't start my season till after New Years.