Parkview lodge in twin lakes

treetrunk

I tryed calling Parkview the other day and the answering machine said they are closed until further notice, just wondering if this is a permanent move or just because its slow up there right now?

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rumour is they will be closed this winter, owners are heading to AZ for the winter. Less boondockers in that area is a good thing! Lol.

dcsnomo

Ah crap! Just talked to my buddy in CA yesterday and we were going to stay there on our Paulding, Big Bay, Twin Lakes, Bergland circle.

scottiking

Details are sketchy.........
They might open again on Dec 1st is the other rumor!
They closed Aug 31st at 9PM
Time will tell!
Scottiking OUT

whitedust

Closed for health reasons....still for sale.......will they re-open? ? ? ? ?

Been for sale for along time now & open when profitable....probably will do same this year. Even if just breaks even better than going in hole on expenses. Money & snow will make the call easy to open.

cside174

D's Basecamp will take the bizzzzzness......HA..... Great place to stay !!!
Looking at December 18th to come up for the maiden voyage this season.
Firestorm OUT !!!

snowdance

Doesn't it seem really bad for business to not communicate when you'll be open for business? I've never stayed at Parkview, but have stopped and ate there. Always good food. Almost comes across arrogant. We'll open when we feel like it...If we feel like it. I understand closing during the slow months, but just seems every year people are asking and there's little communication as to when they'll be open for business, so people can plan accordingly.

polarisrider1

Doesn't it seem really bad for business to not communicate when you'll be open for business? I've never stayed at Parkview, but have stopped and ate there. Always good food. Almost comes across arrogant. We'll open when we feel like it...If we feel like it. I understand closing during the slow months, but just seems every year people are asking and there's little communication as to when they'll be open for business, so people can plan accordingly.
They are choosing their own fate.

whitedust

It is what it is.... UP difficult place to stay in black year round some shut down some don't ...I get it same thing goes on in WI Northwoods.

mostmajor

Anyone hearing anything new on the Parkview for this winter? Want to get something on the books - snow will be flying soon!!

As of last week one of the owners is beginning 3 months of therapy for her shoulder surgery and her husband is going in for knee surgery. They will not say if they plan on opening for this season. In listening to what they said and how they said it my uneducated guess would be "sorry Charlie" no Parkview this winter. D's Base Camp & Wildlife Cabins should be busy.

L

lenny

did either of the owners do much work there anyway? I don't remember seeing much of them when it was open. I don't mean this in a mean way at all, just saying I always seen younger help working there. I do know the owners slightly and if I remember they are in their 60's ?

Kevin Wohlfiel

Just to let everyone know. I have been staying there for the past 8 years. Always been real nice to my group. Dorothy from there called me this past weekend to let me know that they will be closed this winter due to health reasons. Thought it was nice of her to let me know so soon so we could make other plans.