passenger hand warmer

mojo

have 2012 grand touring and the passenger hand warmers don't work. heat shield does so there is power there. read the element doesn't last long .is there better one to put in.called the dealer and they wanted about 90.00 for a new element what can a person do?

well I test power up to the rocker switch. there Is power to the switch. there is 3 wires to that switch. high off low. so I jumped the off to the high ran the sled no heat. so does that mean bad element? I thought for sure it was rocker switch to have both element go out at the same time .

Wyelde

I gotta agree that it would be unusual that both elements went out, but weirder things have happened. I don't know how those are wired. If they are in serial, if one element opened, both would stop working, if they are wired in parallel, if one goes the other should keep working. Before replacing the elements, I would take a really close look at the wiring between the switch and the elements. Try to Ohm out those wires. it's possible you have a broken wire inside the insulation so it is not readily apparent.

dfattack

I learned on my Yamaha Venture the passenger grip warmers didn't turn on until certain conditions were met. The engine had to be at a certain RPM's and something else and really don't remember. I found a company online through totally yamaha that had a kit that allowed the rear grip warmers to work even when the sled was sitting at idle. My wife had to turn grip warmers down to low the last time we went riding. It was about 25 degrees out and her hands were hot.

I don't know if the Doo works the same way and I'll be interested to find out since I'm considering buying the Grand touring SE and will want to make sure the passenger grip warmers are working like my current 2 up is. Nothing is worse than the passenger being too cold and not having a good time. as the saying goes....happy wife...happy life...:)

mojo

hooked them up to battery and they work, they just don't get real warm. I guess maybe they are not as hot as the driver is. wish they were my little girl is starting to hate snowmobing because her hands are cold. keep giving her hand warmers.

dfattack

hooked them up to battery and they work, they just don't get real warm. I guess maybe they are not as hot as the driver is. wish they were my little girl is starting to hate snowmobing because her hands are cold. keep giving her hand warmers.

Mojo,

I just spoke with Rock who supplied my kit for my Venture. I had the same complaints you have and he can do a couple of tests to see if your heaters on the Doo work the same way as the Yamaha's. It sounds like you are somewhat knowledgeable and he said he can talk to you over the phone and figure it out with you. Here's the link if you are interested. He's a nice guy and if something CAN be done he will for sure help you.

http://yamaheater.com/Home.php

harski

Doo's 2UP gauntlets and some of the Hot Hand warmers (they make some just for kids) should help too. We used the kids Hot Hand warmers this season on my 7 and 4 year old and they were much happier on our ride! Good Luck!

Harski

dfattack

agree with the gauntlets. I use them for my wife and when the kids were younger. they definitely help retain the heat on the grip warmers.

whitedust

I learned on my Yamaha Venture the passenger grip warmers didn't turn on until certain conditions were met. The engine had to be at a certain RPM's and something else and really don't remember. I found a company online through totally yamaha that had a kit that allowed the rear grip warmers to work even when the sled was sitting at idle. My wife had to turn grip warmers down to low the last time we went riding. It was about 25 degrees out and her hands were hot.

I don't know if the Doo works the same way and I'll be interested to find out since I'm considering buying the Grand touring SE and will want to make sure the passenger grip warmers are working like my current 2 up is. Nothing is worse than the passenger being too cold and not having a good time. as the saying goes....happy wife...happy life...:)

In your case your wife is tuff as nails...lol...Must be that Canadian air she is used too...:)