photo issue

ryanslyne

John

I am having issues uploading photos of my ride to post to reports and conditions. I get an error that just says it failed? Any idea why? Or any tips for me? I used to post pictures in the past but now I cannot seem to figure it out. I have tried different browsers, from my phone, different sizes, etc. No luck. Am I doing something wrong? I usually reply to thread, go advanced, then manage attachments and try to add the pictures from there. I can see my old pictures from past posts but cannot get any new photos in there.

Thanks in advance if you have any suggestions.

RS

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't mean to steal John's thunder but I may be able to help. Using the "manage attachments" page try loading one of your old pictures but don't post it, just click the preview to see if it is loaded. If it does load then we know for sure that it's your current photo that is the problem. It could very well be that the new photo is too large a file for the transfer. Some cameras and phones create huge files until the setting is changed. If that is the case you'll need to resize it and then go back to the "manage attachments" page to transfer. You can resize with any number of programs available for free. I hope this helps and look forward to the pictures of snowmobiling.

Gary

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Gary!

When it comes to issues like this, no one can steal my thunder! Help is ALWAYS welcomed!

Hopefully that works Ryan. You might also want to check out the topic on posting pictures to see if any of the suggestions mentioned there help, but I am guessing Gary is right.

ryanslyne

Unfortunately I deleted all my old pictures in there thinking this was the issue. So I cannot try this. I will check out the topic. Thank you!

eyeman

I am having the same problem. I do have old photo's and they load up fine. I resized the new photo's to 39.3KB (which is smaller) than those that I previously uploaded and I still get the failure message.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
If all else fails, delete your Browsing History and try again.

Testing, yup it's working at my end.

Here's another idea you can try. Instead of loading pictures from the "manage attachment" page try loading a picture from your own computer files under "pictures" On your posting you can click on the Insert Image button, third from the right on your toolbar. That takes you to your pictures, select one and see if it loads.

Attachments

• Koala.jpg
    Koala.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

ryanslyne

IMG_2126 (3).jpg

Well I found the issue. Turns out I never had the tool bar in the first place. Had to find that in the personal settings here. Thanks for your help guys.

RS

eyeman

If you do a Quick Reply, it is directly above this typing. The 3rd icon from the right. It has the A/A, B, I, U,..... etc.