Picks for Super Bowl!

durphee

Another great season of football has begun, which always leads us to another great season of sleddin. So what teams are you picking for Super Bowl XLVIII, which of course is going to be played in the warm and balmy New Jersey on February 2nd. I'll be watching the game in Hayward, probably at Angler's Haven, enjoying a nice Leinenkugel's, watching the snow pile up.

NFC North:
1. Packers - not because of defense, just Rodgers
2. Bears - Revamped offense, little to no crying room for Cutler this year
3. Vikings - not much assurance for Ponder, still have dominate Peterson though - could he even possibly repeat his amazing season from last year?
4. Lions - just because their the lions

For the Super Bowl, I am picking an easy league contender 49ers vs Broncos, although the Bengals would be a great team also.

What teams do you have picked?

renegade

My heart says Pack vs Broncos, but I most likely would be wrong. So I'm going with Seahawks and Broncos. Broncos an easy choice this year for AFC, but we will see what injuries will have to say about things. I do think the Pack will win the division while the other three teams beat themselves up over second place.

whitedust

Don't get too excited about Peyton he looked stiff as an old boot last year in cold weather games probably be worse this year another year older. If Peyton could play in dome or all warm weather games it would be an easy pick but snow rain & cold in Denver will slow him down wait & see. Seahawks or 49ers will be there flip a coin.

renegade

Not excited about manning, but all the best teams in the AFC got worse except Denver, they made improvements. He does look terrible in the cold, absolutely. I just don't see any team beating them right now. Most likely there will be a surprise team, that is what makes the NFL great. We will see what the Texans can do this year, maybe they will be the one. Wouldn't be a huge surprise, but they do need to make a step up to get there.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, I'll play. I think it'll be San Fran or Seattle for the NFC. The Packers could very well play either of them for the conference title. The AFC is kinda up in the air, I don't think the Bronco's will be there, probably make the playoffs just by having Manning as their QB. Hate to say it but it might be the Patriots again for the AFC and Houston could come on strong at the end too. I'm just glad that the season is here again, both the Pros and College.

Here's another thought. By the time the Superbowl rolls around we'll be well into our next Snowmobile season.

whitedust

I'm not seeing the Pack as unbeatable Yes an Ok team with little depth but going to be tuff going in the North....Detroit could get hot & on a roll a lot of talent, Vikings believe they are better & should win more than they lose & the Bears ....well we just don't know the Trestman formula works or he has the type of players he needs? The North is up for grabs this year IMO. 8 weeks from now we should have an idea of the good ,bad & the ugly.

dcsnomo

I'm not seeing the Pack as unbeatable Yes an Ok team with little depth but going to be tuff going in the North....Detroit could get hot & on a roll a lot of talent, Vikings believe they are better & should win more than they lose & the Bears ....well we just don't know the Trestman formula works or he has the type of players he needs? The North is up for grabs this year IMO. 8 weeks from now we should have an idea of the good ,bad & the ugly.

Oh, I can help with that...
The Good-Packers
The bad-Vikings
The ugly-Jay Cutler

chords

Predict some character Brutus Mars for Super show.

Still waiting in my lifetime for the Lions to emerge just once - like other Detroit sports have a couple times over.
Maybe for my sons generation it will happen

whitedust

Predict some character Brutus Mars for Super show.

Still waiting in my lifetime for the Lions to emerge just once - like other Detroit sports have a couple times over.
Maybe for my sons generation it will happen

No comparison ...... Try being a Cubs fan! I don't think they know what a World Series is on the northside. LOL Your talking great grandchildren still no WS for the Cubs!

dj2muchjunk

Go Pack
Lions could be a spoiler this year!
Parity is so good any team in the top 20 could be champs.
I believe the Pack and Giants were both 6th seeds when they won it all!