Pictures of some Vintage Sleds

skiroule

1991 or 1992 RXL Leathers, sold quite a few of them for about 900.00 a set.

Wonder what that works out to per pound?

Those are some fine looking sleds and high performance to boot! Very cool to see these sleds in better than new condition.

They are for sure heavy but they where the best of the best back in the day , I also have a perfect set of leathers for the 93'-94' storm , I'll post some pictures of them later also , I also have the suit to match my 80' Centurion or close enough and I'll post them to

bearrassler

It looks great, the sled looks just like the one I had from 1980 to 1987, my suit was close but it was a little different.

skiroule

Nice indeed! Even the fuel lines are color coordinated. I like the dual plug setup. I don't know enough about the Cats to know how common it is.

T

Team Elkhorn

Back in the mid-70's my best friend had a 400 tigger with dual plug heads I think it was a 73 or 74 it was screamin fast, he had some Cat Claws in the cleats it would really hook up and run on the ice. Nice lookin sled you got there looks like alot of time invested

Bradzoo

Those free air motors were sneaky fast. I had a friend that had a 340 F/A tigger. On cold nights he would embarrass much, much bigger sleds. Heck, my 340 F/A Jag I had as a kid would run over 70 mph all day. And get over 30 mpg doing it. Of course I only weighed 140 pounds back then.:eek:

1-snowbullet

Here Are 2 out of 3 sleds ive been futzing with for the past 3-4 years .. 1st my wifes 1970 Wildcat Leasure industries 400gt i restored it as a barn find and she bought a sleigh so i painted it to match her sled our dog loves it .. 2nd is a frankenstine ive been futzing with for many years on 3rd engine implant now .. 1972 viking vigalante 300 now a vanquisher clone with a free air 340 jag eng and yamaha running gear currently working on yet .. 3rd no pic my 75 yamaha sm292f original survivor i buzz around on luv it .. enjoy !! 013.jpg 017.jpg 003.jpg 002.jpg 001.jpg

skiroule

The dog photo is just too good! I'm betting Bearrassler likes seeing those old Vikings. If I recall, there was some connection with the company.

T

Team Elkhorn

Here Are 2 out of 3 sleds ive been futzing with for the past 3-4 years .. 1st my wifes 1970 Wildcat Leasure industries 400gt i restored it as a barn find and she bought a sleigh so i painted it to match her sled our dog loves it .. 2nd is a frankenstine ive been futzing with for many years on 3rd engine implant now .. 1972 viking vigalante 300 now a vanquisher clone with a free air 340 jag eng and yamaha running gear currently working on yet .. 3rd no pic my 75 yamaha sm292f original survivor i buzz around on luv it .. enjoy !
Lol, I thought that motor looked familiar. I was thinking the Vikings were way ahead of their time. One reason I limited my search for a late 70's vintage sled was so it would have a CDI ignition. You solved that problem.;) Great pictures. Old sleds are awesome. Everyone please keep the pictures coming.
I wonder if my doggies would ride in a sleigh?:D

bearrassler

The dog photo is just too good! I'm betting Bearrassler likes seeing those old Vikings. If I recall, there was some connection with the company.

You are right Skiroule, I love seeing the old Vikings, and the Wildcat counts too as it was made in the Viking plant in Twin Valley, MN. They look great 1-snowbullet, and the sleigh looks great also. Its good to see the dog enjoying himself.

1-snowbullet

Thanks everyone !! the Wildcat is my wifes sled she found it had to have it and bought it .. i got the joy of restoring the sled to a barn find look its actually extreamily rare with e-start still has the darn plastic track also .. the sleigh she found and bought at our clubs grass drags here in wausau it was basicly shot i tore it down and rebuilt it to match her sled as best as i could .. DRAGEN is a fussy old fart after he gets in the sleigh he is fine and loves riding in it as much as a truck , atv. my apex l.o.l. shuts that off at anything over 50 mph he experianced 115 once and learned where the kill was awfully fast . That Frankenstine viking L.O.L. thats a pet of mine after its finished i will post pix l.o.l. ITS GOING TO BE A WHILE so dont hold your breath .. the little 1975 yamaha sm292f i will get pix on here soon ,,she is a literal barn grampa find for 150 bux and almost a perfect sled l.o.l. .. Once the trails open here you might catch a glimps of us bombing around marathon city trail system on our old toys ..

skiroule

Vintage Iron Rockin' the Togwotee Pass

This has to be some kind of omen. I walk out in the parking lot tonight to check on the weather and there sits three vintage sleds, including a couple of TXs. Some of you sharp eyed people may recognize the lot as the Togwotee Mountain Lodge parking lot. Yes, vintage sleds still rollin' in the Teton range.

If not an omen, it was certainly a strange coincidence. Guess if I ever get back out here I'll have to bring a vintage sled.

Tog_1_zps5fffc8fd.jpg

Tog_2_zps9c30cfc1.jpg

Tog_3_zps410c27c8.jpg