PIDD gauge snowmobile vs 4X4 display

megan600

Anyone have their PIDD gauge display as it thinks its a 4x4 instead of a snowmobile? Updated maps on it last night and noticed its showing a 4X4 icon in the corner. (Guess I will know when its in 4-wheel drive lol) I believe this was like this BEFORE the new download, but I can't guarantee it. I know for certain though that the download selected was for the snowmobiles.

thanks!

mikedrh

Every PIDD I have used has the 4X4 displayed (in two wheel mode) all the time. I assumed it was that way because they use the same display on the wheelers.

megan600

The PIDD manual shows them as two different displays, slightly different options between the two. On another forum people talked about getting it switched over to snowmobile set up, and say they were successful, but they never said how they did it. Hmmmmm....

megan600

Well got home and managed to fix my own issue.

So Mikedrh there is a way...

went into system settings... same place you go to start the software update. Held down "initialize". It advises you to start the sled up, few on screen prompts to select ok. Few mins later the gauge reboots and now its a snowmobile not ATV :) Also this adds in the Avg Speed, and Max Speed tracking to Key 2. Those were not options when this was a 4 wheeler. Also no longer advises to put on seat belt! :glee:

3_old_jags

I was just in the Polaris dealer over the weekend talking to them about updating maps and was informed that after you update the map it auto reboots in ATV mode. You need to just re initialize it to snowmobile mode.

megan600

yep! Exactly what I did. But of course that information was left out of the manual..or instructions on the riderX page. shocker ;)