Pine Lake Lodge Mission Helmet swapped out and taken

I like the gun cable idea, and I think I might actually put an Apple AirTag in mine, not sure how well it would work with the patchy signals in the Yoop, but it would be better than nothing.

Glad all worked out for ya...my story not so well. A few years ago my wife had her helmet stolen from the BBB in BJ. I asked politely for everyone to claim their helmet so we could use the one that i hoped was left. Only thing left was a 1990s version of the old wedge helmet with "Team Ugly" painted on it. Still looking for Team Ugly. I have since purchased small cable locks.

rv245

Sorry our gear stays with us at the table or so that we can keep an eye on everything including our sleds. Usually when we stop at places there isn't many people in the establishment, guess it depends on the time of day when you stop. We like to get out on the trails around 8am, stop around 10 or so. Because of the way my son and I work there isn't as many people riding either, depending on locations.

wiviperman

I had a guy grab one of my buddy's helmets a few years ago, it was the same situation. The bar was packed (Bikini & Radar Run weekend in St Germain) and getting from one side to the other was not the fastest, I caught the guy outside, he was staying on the property and was looking for his cabin. He argued for a bit and realized this was a different brand and type altogether. Other than the color being black they did not look close at all. Luckily not the inconvenience you had, but glad you got it back.

Here is the funny part, this guy was gone when he came in just after me. I was putting my helmet up on the shelf and he just throw his on the shelf, reaching over me. So I slid mine down a bit. My buddy then comes inside after I'm already at the table and put his helmet in between mine and this guy's helmet. When the guy came back inside, his response was he knew he put it next to this black, white, and orange helmet (mine). So he remember my helmet but could not remember his own, even after putting it on his head.

I try to always have my stuff in view, between the helmet cost and the communicator's cost it would suck to have to replace it... But worse yet I need the 3 or 4XL helmet depending on the brand not many places carry them so it could make for a bad weekend on top of that and a cold ride back to wherever I'm staying.
I totally understand where you are coming from on the 3 or 4XL helmets as I wear the same size. I purchased the carbon fiber Mission late last season and with the difficulty of finding one and the cost, I refuse to let that damn thing out of my sight!

lofsfire

I totally understand where you are coming from on the 3 or 4XL helmets as I wear the same size. I purchased the carbon fiber Mission late last season and with the difficulty of finding one and the cost, I refuse to let that damn thing out of my sight!
How does that Mission fit you has it broken in some? I had a Arctic Cat TXI that fit great in a 3XL but everything else I'd like in a 4XL. I tried the Mission 3XL on last year but was worried with the cost... I have a Castle 3XL EXO-CX950 and it is tight... I saw CKX was coming out with a cheaper version of the Mission and it will go up to 5XL (just padding changes) Its supposed to be based on the Mission shell design but without the features. I hope the padding will interchange and give more sizing options.

A few years ago I was at Zastrows in PI with the wife and we stopped in for a quick drink to warm up. Only 3 other people in the bar so we hung our jackets on the rack (I usually put it on my chair, but there was no one there), had a drink and talked to the other couple there. While we were talking a guy left and I didn't pay any attention but he left with my ski doo jacket. I usually take my key out of my sled and put it in my jacket pocket, but luckily I didn't, left the keys in the sleds as the place was dead. Anyway we get up to leave and there is a Polaris jacket on the rack, my ski doo jacket is gone. Funny thing is I parked right next to the guy and he was driving a ski doo lol. The owner of the bar knew his first name and said that he goes to the retreat a lot. So we waited awhile and called the retreat and sure enough he was there. I told him to wait there for me as I was coming to get my jacket back. We ended up having to backtrack but the guy bought us a drink and was very apologetic about what happened. It was an honest mistake, but I totally figured I would never see the jacket again since he was riding a ski doo with a Polaris jacket. lol

timo

A few years ago I was at Zastrows in PI with the wife and we stopped in for a quick drink to warm up. Only 3 other people in the bar so we hung our jackets on the rack (I usually put it on my chair, but there was no one there), had a drink and talked to the other couple there. While we were talking a guy left and I didn't pay any attention but he left with my ski doo jacket. I usually take my key out of my sled and put it in my jacket pocket, but luckily I didn't, left the keys in the sleds as the place was dead. Anyway we get up to leave and there is a Polaris jacket on the rack, my ski doo jacket is gone. Funny thing is I parked right next to the guy and he was driving a ski doo lol. The owner of the bar knew his first name and said that he goes to the retreat a lot. So we waited awhile and called the retreat and sure enough he was there. I told him to wait there for me as I was coming to get my jacket back. We ended up having to backtrack but the guy bought us a drink and was very apologetic about what happened. It was an honest mistake, but I totally figured I would never see the jacket again since he was riding a ski doo with a Polaris jacket. lol
honest mistake?? LOL

honest mistake?? LOL
I didn't think so at first either, but he was very convincing when we met him up at retreat. The jackets were the same size and both all black with a silver Ski doo and Polaris written on the front. Maybe I am naive lol.

wiviperman

How does that Mission fit you has it broken in some? I had a Arctic Cat TXI that fit great in a 3XL but everything else I'd like in a 4XL. I tried the Mission 3XL on last year but was worried with the cost... I have a Castle 3XL EXO-CX950 and it is tight... I saw CKX was coming out with a cheaper version of the Mission and it will go up to 5XL (just padding changes) Its supposed to be based on the Mission shell design but without the features. I hope the padding will interchange and give more sizing options.
The Mission fits great, it didn’t take long to break in & I’m really happy with it. It’s pricey, but definitely worth it!

hermie

The scary part was that this guy was so wasted he took the wrong helmet but yet was able to ride his sled in that condition
That is my thinking exactly just crazy to spend the kind of money it takes to ride sleds and just go up there to get that hammered and ride. Be much cheaper to stay were you live and go to a bar and get a drive home from an Uber or taxi. For me the fun of snowmobiling is being out on my snowmobile and riding the sled. That gives me all the adrenaline rush I need

pclark

That is my thinking exactly just crazy to spend the kind of money it takes to ride sleds and just go up there to get that hammered and ride. Be much cheaper to stay were you live and go to a bar and get a drive home from an Uber or taxi. For me the fun of snowmobiling is being out on my snowmobile and riding the sled. That gives me all the adrenaline rush I need
I agree, I think most good snowmobilers don't drink until they get back within a few miles of their lodging or home. When I was young I stopped at every bar with the guys we rode with and we had a few, I think back on those days and I am thankful nothing bad happened to us or any riders that were out when we were on the trail. Now we leave at around 8am and ride 150-180 per day and just enjoy the trails and scenery with a good lunch, no booze. Cocktail hour for us is when we get off the sleds unless we stop pretty close to home. Not judging anyone, just my age showing.