Pix on da Peshekee from last weekend

mountainmaxman

77260.jpg

I HATE to admit it, but we had a couple of Doo's aalong with us. This one was built by a guy who used it to film out in the Rockies out west. All Kyle has to do, the guy who bought it, is just crack the throttle and that bugger will stand up like that EVERY time...NICE SLED for or local boonies round here.
77261.jpg

But a majority of our group has "good taste!" and pre fer Yamis! "Pardon me, but do you have any Grey Poupon"
77262.jpg

Same guy as pic one but looked cool with all the snow flying around it.
77263.jpg

We found a bunch of swamps and fields like this one where everyone had a great time!
77264.jpg

This pic shows what an SX 600 going full throttle across a field does when it ends up hitting a pine tree after about a 400 yard run. The handlebars actually snapped and fell off to one side...naturally it had to be the side which pulled the throttle wide open. The driver bailed but REALLY DID try to find the kill switch before letting go.
The darn sled bounced around, the front end shimmied so much we were all hoping that it would flip in the snow before heading for the forest...no such luck.

It pretty much took out the entire driver side suspension, trailing arm, shock...you get the idea. After flippin'er back over and a little work on the stuck throttle cable--not to mention pushing the handle bars as far back into place as possible--believe it or not, the sled started up ad he drove it back to the trail...see later photo. Because he had VERY minimal steering control, we towed him back to the unload point and gotter back home.
77265.jpg

Here's the sled and rider back a little closer to the grade.
77266.jpg

Another Doo rider showing off. His sled is pretty mean. It really EATS the fuel, but it goes through almost anything.

77267.jpg

Bobby decided to take what should have been the "quick" way off the Peshekee River and back up on terra firma. Unfortunately, the bank was just a LITTLE too hard. Took six guys to get the sled back over on the ice...He broke through on the edge, but luckily didn't go for a swim. His belt wasn't very happy but that was pretty much he extent of the damage.
77268.jpg

After all that hard work, a hot dog picnic was just what the doc ordered before hitting the boonies for the rest of the afternoon.

john_r

Another heavy stuck Yamaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.Make sure you do not put a gas tank or bungie or anything on the back you might blow your self up.Doos rule the mountian.

600xc4me

MAN that looks like fun right now!! That is the exact kind of riding me and friens do all the time. Do you what that rev all had done to it?

skidoodood

Geez......DOOS hotroddin' and boondockin' only Yammy pics are broke and stuck.
happy.gif
Looks like the guy that ghosted the SX is o.k.? That's why I always hook up a tether. Awesome pics.

mountainmaxman

Geezus!

I didn't know I was going to start a war here but us Yami drivers got to defend ourselves
happy.gif
Looks like I'm going to have to dig out some pix of stuck Doo's and MountainMax's walking across trails on their tunnel ends huh?

I DO have some awesome Yami pix from either last year or the year before that I can put up on the site...and they are stock...NOT modified like the two Doo's in this round of pix!

For 600xc4me...couldn't tell ya all the mods. The guy lives here in L'Anse, but picked it up from a guy who does mountain video recording out west. The side of the sled reads nytrolifefilms.com.

That pup is a REAL crotch rocket. He just cracks the throttle and it's sittin' @ at least 70 degrees...ALMOST makes a MountainMax Man want to trade one of his less important sleds for an 800 REV huh? ;)

But then again, there are quite a few 700 triples up here with 10,000 miles plus and never had NOTHING done to them. There's one that is on it's fourth track and more than 20,000 miles. He told me he put in a set of rings but after opening'er up, realized he didn't need to. Figured since he had the parts and the machine was apart, might as well throw them in.

SkiDooDood--"Timmer", the guy riding that stock SX tried like you know what to find the kill switch...but when you're doing 30 across a bouncy swamp, the bars break and the sled really takes off full bore, you ditch while the snow is deep and there's no trees around.

The worse part is that sled bounced all over the place but wouldn't take a dive even crossing swamp dips. There were two trees big enough to do the damage you saw...all the others were small enough where it WOULD have flipped the pup. When it DID smuck the tree, the bars hit the kill switch and probably saved the clutch, motor, etc from exploding.

He was fine and was one of just two stock sleds that came along with us.

BTW--BOTH stock sleds were Yami's and neither couldn't go where all the BIG BOYS went
happy.gif

SO ALL YOU DOO RIDERS....I'll post some pix here (not this post but in the "new pix post category" in the next hour or so!! Make sure you take a peek
happy.gif

At least I'm not having to fend off any Kitty Cat riders! Hey guys...looks like we'll have one more weekend here in the central UP, so no matter WHAT YER RIDIN'...get out there and RIDE IT HARD!

skidoodood

Ya know I was givin' ya crap. It's the nature of the sport. I've got a bud that rides an SRX 700 and that thing is a rocket. I've ridden cats 'til I got my hands on my barely used MXZ 700, still got the Cat. Had an "incident" on the last trip going around a blind corner and popped the SRX in the rear w/my MXZ. Destroyed the front end on mine and barely dinged the tunnel on the SRX, built like a brick ____ house.

Keep the trackside down & Think Snow (Or at least dream "bout it "til next season)

Jim