places to stay in or around Newberry?

13below0

A few of us may come up for some riding next week. Making the 10-12 hour deive from PA. Any recomandations on where to stay in that area. If its a bit before newberry even better. If anyone wants to PM me about possible off trail areas that would be awesome. Thanks.

yoopermike

Yeah, if you're coming all that way, you might as well stay right in the middle of the good stuff. Halfway Lake or Red'z Wolf Inn. Not to say the rest of it is bad, but if you're looking for some deeper back country riding, go north of Newberry. Or McMillan. Or Seney. Or Shingleton. Stay north of M-28. :)

SnowScreamer

What about the Sno-Shu Inn Cabins in Hulbert Corners, just east of Newberry. Stayed there a few times and always remembered them delivering great service.

yoopermike

There's a cabin rental place just off M-28 in McMillan, they have 2 or 3 nice cabins for rent. Can't remember the name though, and I go by it a couple times a week.

fredster

The only problem with the Sho-Shu Inn is that you have to ride a few miles of road to pick up the north trail towards Paradise, otherwise it's an all-day ride the other way south/west/north through Newberry to get to the deep snow to the north. Not bad when lake effect is coming down every day, not so good when the roads are dry. I have stayed there and ridden through the area many times and encountered both extremes.

13below0

Halfway lake and redz is booked. We can stay in a decent hotel for all I care, as long as we can ride frome there.

Dublinz1

We just came back home from staying in Newberry for 2 nights, and Munising for 2 nights. In Newberry we stayed at Zeller's Village Inn, and I hate to say this, but... I would not recommend it. Pool area, and hot tub area is a disaster. It was not very clean, and they also just had $40,000 in damage caused by a leaking pipe...

dogger810

Just got back Tuesday, we stayed at Zellars. Certainly not the nicest place but if ur not particular, it was 60 a night, dry, warm, had a shower, 24hr gas next door, a so so resturaunt, & a bar on site so u don't have to worry about getting back after a few drinks at the end of the day. Also easy trail access that runs out the back of the parking lot, & there is a group staying there until Sunday that is also from PA. Bottom line is it's not the best but u could certainly do worse.

13below0

Thanks for all the replies. Were staying at fox river in Seney. Everything in newberry was booked up. Hopefully we can get Don to do a little off trail guiding for us while we are there. If anyone is looking for a new sled we will have 2 with us for sale lol 2009 ski-doo summit 800 listed in the classifieds also a 08 yamahaha xtx. **** for the right money I will leave the sled deck also.