Planning a ride to michigan

skidoodude

whats up everybody. my buddy and i are planning a ride to Michigan. we are looking for some advice we have been out to the U.P. once with the parents. we looking for places to ride, hotels, etc. if you have any advice that would be great. thanks

D

Deleted member 10829

What part of the UP will you be going to? We need that info to help you. I'm familiar with the western UP, but not east.

mezz

"were planning on going to the kenawa peninsula".
OK, it's time you got a Nashing for that grammer!
happy.gif
"were planning" should be, we're planning as in, we are, also, it is the Keweenaw Peninsula. If you can't spell it, that is a good indicator that you will get lost either on the way here or while your here. LOL
happy.gif
Whatcha lookin fer anyhow? LOL! Sorry, couldn't resist. Plenty of places for lodging, plenty of places to ride.
happy.gif
-Mezz

D

Deleted member 10829

Randy,

First off, check the Northwoods Directory on the left side of this page and stay with a sponsor of this great site. You will find plenty of options, it all depends on what you are looking for. Once you look at the Directory, if you have further questions, just ask.

For trail riding, you will have to be sure to take the trail 13 loop from Twin Lakes down to Greenland, it's awesome! You will also want to head up to Copper Harbor and back one of the days and be sure to take the Brockway Mountain trail into CH and stop at the Mariner North for a bite to eat. Then take the loop back towards Houghton through Gay etc. Depending on where you stay and how far you like to ride in a day, you should also try to make it up to Lake of the Clouds near Silver City and also hit South Boundary Road, or trail 11, it's my favorite trail in the UP. Look at my profile picture, that's trail 11. If you make it that way, take trail 11 south from Lake of the Clouds to trail 102 down to Lake Gogebic. Hit the Hoop 'N Holler for something to eat, it's a classic place to stop.

I hope that helps some, and if I can help any further, let me know. Once you know where you are staying and how many days you will be up there, I can give you some more ideas. I'm sure others will chime in with more suggestions too. Do you ride mostly on trail or off? I guess I've been assuming on trail, as most people won't give up the good off trail spots. You're lucky, I was in my early 30's before I discovered the UP, it rocks! I've been going there 3-5 times a year since 1993.

skidoodude

thanks for all of the advice everybody. first i dont know why someone wants to know what college i go to, but whatever. my friend and i are planning to go to the keweenaw penninsula in February. we are driving to keweenaaw, because we live in minnesota. i do mostly on trial riding, but i do like to get off the trial to. again thanks if you have anything else ill be happy to listen.

D

Deleted member 10829

February should be a good time to go with a good base of snow built up by then. Have you had a chance to look at the Directory for a place to stay? If you have any questions on the various places to stay, just ask. Once we know where you will be basing out of, we can make some more suggestions. Good luck and have fun!

D

Deleted member 10829

I'm pretty sure trail passes are going from $25 to $35 this year and then will be $45 next year.

mezz

FRNash, I simply couldn't resist the opportunity on that one. No, you can't retire just yet, you are the Grammer & Punctuation Master!-Mezz

mezz

I meant Grammar & Punctuation Master! I do not use a spell check & I am only human, I should say, I don't use a spell check & I am not as good as frnash.-Mezz

slimcake

SKIDOODUDE, relax a little. You must be new to this site. It is a running joke with nash and co. Hang around a little while and you will laugh about it just like everyone else. This is the most friendly site but you need to be here a while to understand the "family". I have stayed in the gogebic area the last two years and will be doing so again. I have a really nice place to stay with a big group other wise just book the super 8 in houghton if it just 2 of ya. You will have a blast. Where at in mn?? I plan on heading 3-4 times this winter from se mn. Later

Slim

mezz

Peace skidoodude, it is all in fun & not necessarily entirely at your expense. frnash or Nash, is a long time member of this site & is our human spell check & thesaurus master, the corrector of all punctuation & grammar, basically, your worst english teacher like nightmare.
happy.gif
(Just Kidding Nash!) I saw an opportunity to have some fun with it & took advantage of the moment. As slimcake said, this type of banter is a running joke on the site & hope you are on here long enough to grow to realize this. Welcome to the site & enjoy everything it has to offer, even the playful banter.-Mezz