Please drive careful

goofy600

Anyone heading north please watch the roads black ice. Last night on hwy 51 just south of hwy 8 roads went from just fine to bad fast just as temperatures dropped below freezing. Also say a prayer for fellow sledders how rolled truck and trailer on 51 about 5 miles north of 8. Safety crews were already on seen just hope they are ok the truck and toys probably not.

sjb

Not sure why, but Hwy 51 north of stevens point just seems to be really, really bad at times. It might be the openness in some areas, or that it is a N/S route, with a predominant West wind. But I have had more than 1 white knuckle ride on this stretch.

slimcake

Its all the overpasses. Plows up top send the snow below. The bridge shades that little section and it freezes. I had that one trip where every overpass I lost traction. Had to just let off the gas going under everyone of them.

WorkHardPlayHrd

I 94 between Eau Claire and Osseo went from good to bad in a heartbeat last night. Crews were out even before it happened pouring on the salt. Conditions just went bad fast.

euphoric1

I-41 through Fondulac as well and surprisingly under bridges, couple times started to jackknife ever so slowly and when towing a 24' enclosed....Im generally a very relaxed driver but that will turn you white knuckled at an instant.

snomoman

What fun is that snobuilder? LOL I’ve had my share of black ice right around Madison on 90 watching cars 200 feet down in the ditch on their sides and upside down really brings truth or reality to how precious our lives really are, Just have to go safe and slow and turn off the cruise control or your vehicle will develop a mind of it’s own

WorkHardPlayHrd

What fun is that snobuilder? LOL I’ve had my share of black ice right around Madison on 90 watching cars 200 feet down in the ditch on their sides and upside down really brings truth or reality to how precious our lives really are, Just have to go safe and slow and turn off the cruise control or your vehicle will develop a mind of it’s own

You know there are people out there that can't live without their cruise control right. Thus they die with it. I can't believe how I've seen some people drive on the Beltline. I wonder if they value themselves at all.