Polaris clutch rebuild

kirk600

Hi everyone, I am rebuilding a P-85 primary clutch and need to replace the bushing on the movable sheave and the bushing retainer. I understand it needs to be pressed out, or heated up, just wondering which way it needs to go? Out the bottom or in towards the towers? I have access to a press but I dont have the correct tool kit for this so i am trying to find them to borrow if its necessary.
Thanks for the help......

Kirk600

old abe

Hi everyone, I am rebuilding a P-85 primary clutch and need to replace the bushing on the movable sheave and the bushing retainer. I understand it needs to be pressed out, or heated up, just wondering which way it needs to go? Out the bottom or in towards the towers? I have access to a press but I dont have the correct tool kit for this so i am trying to find them to borrow if its necessary.
Thanks for the help......

Kirk600
You will find you have many more worn parts than those you mentioned.

kirk600

I agree, i have replaced the pins and rollers in the spider, assembled it and checked tower clearance,new weight bushings, a new 911 clutch cover and the moveable sheave is the last item i need to address before i send it out for balancing..........