Polaris clutch weights for riding at elevation

Clintondf

Does anyone know what the proper polaris clutch weights that are recommended for a 2018 polaris sba 800 for 7500-10000’? I dont have a manual to reference. Track is a 1.35 cobra. Does it say if spring changes are necessary? Thank you

mezz

Doesn't Poo label the clutch shield like Cat for recommended weight & if necessary spring changes for all altitudes? Just a thought. FWIW, I am going to assume that your going to be riding trail as a 1.35 isn't going to get you too far off trail, unless of course your riding hero snow. -Mezz

JWBERT

Polaris book says change weights to 10-64 from stock 10-66 use stock springs. That's it. Just a 2 gram drop in weights. This is per the dealer I called

- - - Updated - - -

Per polaris dealer change weights to 10-64 no other changes needed just the 2 gram drop in weights springs stay stock

stormrider3

Does anyone know what the proper polaris clutch weights that are recommended for a 2018 polaris sba 800 for 7500-10000’? I dont have a manual to reference. Track is a 1.35 cobra. Does it say if spring changes are necessary? Thank you

My manual suggests 10-60 weights 140/330 spring, driven clutch = Black spring #7043063, gearing = 20-39 hope this helps.......

Clintondf

Yes mine says change weights, both springs, helix and gears for 8,000-10,000

I know my old 600 only required weights which was much simpler.

old abe

Usually the 800's take a lot less to re calibrate than do the smaller cc sleds??? My old 700 Doo was a breeze as compared to the 600 to be much more involved.

longtrack

Higher Lighter, lower heavier. If you had a 4stroke Doo you just ride it up and down and don't worry about changing anything.

T

Tracker

old abe

My old Doo 700 was so simple. Just change to the lighter weight "hollow" pins in the TRA, tweak the clickers, and good to go!!!