Polaris Headlight Problem

renegade

I have a friend whose headlights go dim and back to bright on a 99 xc 700. Any ideas for him to try to fix this? No other lights are affected he says.

xcr440

Got a 99 SKS 700, same issue. I have found it is most evident when it is colder. I've had the lights stay dim for a couple miles before brightening up. My guess is the voltage regulator going, but as you say, no other issues.

markwolf41

A friend of mine has a 2006 600 Fusion with the same issue. It happens when the machine is cold, then goes away when it warms up.We thought that the heated hand grips may help close up a short or an open contact because when it is damp, his break light on the instrument panel will come on until the grips warm up.

raceinsnow

A friend of mine has a 2006 600 Fusion with the same issue. It happens when the machine is cold, then goes away when it warms up.We thought that the heated hand grips may help close up a short or an open contact because when it is damp, his break light on the instrument panel will come on until the grips warm up.

That problem could be that the tail light wiring is shorting out under the seat or gas tank.

edmarino

The problem is the load shed module. Why Polaris has this devise on their machines is a mystery to me but the first clue of it acting up is your headlights go dim and then brighten.

Last edited:

big_bill

Last year I replaced this: 4 KIT-REGLTR-RECTIFIER SNO,LR26 1 $62.07 That didn't fix it. This year I replaced this:3 KIT-REGULATOR,AC LR7-LR9 1 $62.18 which fixed it. Polaris part number was supercided to 2203873. Its a kit that is bigger and different from the original but it works! Changed it on my sled and on my brothers sled and they both work perfect now. I changed the dimmer switch at $70. but that didn't work, so the 2203873 is what DID work.
Put "polaris dimming" in search box above to see my entire post and replies on this subject.
Big_bill

Last edited: