Polaris secondary clutch

I bought a 2012 Polaris rush 600 for my son, sled runs great. This is the first Polaris I have owned. I went thru all the normal maintenance items including the clutches, all the parts seemed in good shape. But I am fairly certain I did not assemble the secondary clutch properly. I know which part of the helix the rollers are supposed to sit in but they don’t seem to ride in the groove, also the helix does move. I have taken apart Yamaha, Arctic cat and Skidoo and never had an issue. I’m not positive it’s wrong but it visually doesn’t look correct and engagement seems off which leads me to believe this is assembled incorrectly. I’m going to pull it off in a little while, any help would be nice. I can post pictures once I have it in the garage and disassemble it again. Thanks

kirk600

Does the spring have tangs on both ends, and corresponding holes in clutch and helix? If so can you adjust tension by moving it to a different hole location in helix? Do you have belt deflection and belt-sheave clearance correct(.020-.050)? Have you tried a different belt?
I am not positive which secondary clutch you have, but my experience is the helix isn’t supposed to rotate they usually have a key to hold them in place. I have no experience with the team tied clutch though, only the buttons and team tss-98 up until 2005 model sleds

It does not have tangs on both ends. It is a compression spring. The clutch is a p2 secondary. The belt is correct and the clearance is fine. I’m sure it is my assembly, I’m actually have trouble compressing helix to release the snap ring. The helix doesn’t really move just one part of the sheave, but that moves the button all around. There isn’t many parts so I don’t really know how I’m messed it up. I will mess around today with it. Tomorrow I will bring it over to a guy that works on Polaris sleds and have him show me what I did wrong. It should be a five minute fix so hopefully doesn’t cost too much.

Thru some websites I figured out that I slammed my brake on too hard and slid to a stop which caused my belt to fall in the secondary. After further review I did in fact assemble the clutch correctly. Apparently I need to became more familiar with this sled.