Polaris skid in a SkiDoo

racerxnet

Anyone put a 2001 Polaris 136" skid in a 1996 SkiDoo? I have the bolt hole measurements from another site for the Polaris skid. I see the tracks are the same size/width and the majority of newer tracks interchange. I paid $125.00 for the P/skid with good shocks. Old skid is the C-7 with 2 rear shocks and 1 center. Looking to tame the ruts and bumps for the wife and I on the Grand Touring. I feel I am wasting money on updating the older skid with new shocks. I paid less for the Polaris skid than buying 3 new shocks for the C-7, and the Poo skid has more travel.

MAK

Last edited:
Haven't done it, but if the skid will fit your track, bolts holes line up and drivers are similar, give it a shot and let us know how it works. You might have to do some adjustments to dial in the suspension right. You should research this further to see if you would be making this sled handle better or worse. Just because the other skid has more travel doens't mean your doo will ride better.

racerxnet

Hi Vic,

Thanks for the reply. I doubt that the stock holes will line up or work as mounting points. Who knows, maybe I will get lucky. Here is a link to a site which has done the swap and has measurements; http://www.jbshocks.com/edgeswap/swap.html

With the C-7 skid my wife and I are limited to 6.5 inches of travel on the back end. Even less with the both of us on the sled. Here is a link to the new 2001 Poo skid; http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260939190701&ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:US:1123
A great deal at $125.00. We will be at the Peppermill the second week of Feb. and will have a chance to give it a good shakedown. Right now Illinois is a bit barren for snow, so I will have to improvise for testing in the shop.

Thanks for the support and hope to meet with you sometime.

MAK

racerxnet

Took a few pictures of the installed skid. I will be adding 2 skid shocks from RydeFX. The rebuilt gas shocks are OEM Polaris parts and will (hopefully) add to the ride comfort for the wife and I.

MAK

136 xtra lite.jpg front mounting point.jpg Left sidde 136.jpg Mounting rivets and stainless screws.jpg Old c-7 skid.jpg