Polaris Sled Recall...230,000 units

SHOOT2KILL

jknoup

My dealer said they do not have a fix yet. They also said it is supposed to be a potential issue after long periods of storage and that percentage is very low. The advice I got was fill them up before you start them for the first time of the season. A fix should be coming soon and I'm sure parts will be a problem.

hybrid

looking like they are all going to need fuel pumps
going to be alot of unhappy Polaris folks again this winter
what a horribly mess
so far my 15 indy 600 is not in it :cool:
fingers crossed it stays out

kraven700

The POLARIS rep at Haydays said the fix is already completed and is currently awaiting approval from the Consumer Products Safety Commission.

If the CSPD approves it, the parts should be available at dealers by end of October

euphoric1

Anyone have any input to how this is going? what is actually being replaced? parts availability? I thought I had heard from someone that Polaris was going to actually send some tech's out to dealers to help with the influx of recall repairs.

jedoyle

Just had my sled in for pre-season service work & my dealer had not received any recall kits for a sled like mine which is a 2021 Switchback Assault 850. In general I don't think they had received hardly any to date for any sleds. Probably coming soon but doesn't seem like Polaris is quite ready yet.

indy_500

My 2016 Pro RMK is affected by the recall. I have ridden the sled in 6 states. It has touched almost every tree between Twin Lakes and South Range without an issue. It has been rolled over getting it unstuck 3,562 times. Still, no issues… When the $#1+ show calms down and my dealer can get me in, I’ll bring it in. Until then, let er rip!!!

mspease

My dealer called and I drop off my sled next week to get the work done. They have received all of the kits they need and will replace them all within the next 2 weeks. :)

elf

I spoke to my dealer and I'm on the list. Have no idea how far back on the list I am. My son got on the list at a dealer out in Montana and he's # 250 on the list there. As Indy 500 said, my sled has been rode hard and put away wet, been upside down many times, and had enough brush stuck in the front end to look like a deer blind, and never any issues. It'll get done when it gets done, not worried about it.

kraven700

Got my sleds done last week while I waited & had lunch, spent money at parts dept, etc..........................

took 3+ hours for 3 sleds

Interestingly, the techs from POLARIS were there doing the work, taking pics along the way