polaris xcr 120 rough idle

tourguide

I had the fuel system all apart because it wouldnt run right, fuel line rotted off in tank, replaced all that and cleaned the carb. Ive had this sled about 3 years and it never really idled good, now it starts and idles great, but the governor wont stay steady, it just bounces causing eratic idle. If i hold the governor still it idles perfect, and ideas?? All the springs are back on where i took them off from.

mjkaliszak

I had the fuel system all apart because it wouldnt run right, fuel line rotted off in tank, replaced all that and cleaned the carb. Ive had this sled about 3 years and it never really idled good, now it starts and idles great, but the governor wont stay steady, it just bounces causing eratic idle. If i hold the governor still it idles perfect, and ideas?? All the springs are back on where i took them off from.

Well when my kids were young, I did the governor override with a zip tie, then hopped the sled up some .... several times ( actually both 120Z's were modded.) There is a lot of good tuning advice here...at this link !
http://www.recmotor.com/snowmobiles/tech-tips.php

kraven700

Had the surging on a brand new 2008 - 120

simply lower the idle speed, sounds like it won't resolve the surging,
but it does
try it

tourguide

Couldnt get it smoothed out by adjusting the idle, went to sport mart and bought a mighty mini governor bypass which is a stainless rod to replace the governor spring, idles and runs great now.