Polishing Face Shield

Snirtdawg

Do you guys know of anyway to get rid of swirls on the plastic due to rubbing, abuse, etc. My buddy and I are getting new helmets over the summer, but are interested in being able to improve our vision through our current shields to finish out the year. Is there a cleaner or polisher that helps?

mjkaliszak

I use Novus products #1 cleaner & #2 fine scratch remover. Tried some other brands with limited success. These will produce satisfactory results, I use them 2-3 times per season.

heckler56

I know pilots use a Meguires product on their airplanes windscreen. Check their website for product info.

Running Bear

meguiar's #17 Mirror Glaze clear plastic cleaner for hairline scratches and #18 cleaner/polish for reg maintence and they have a defect removal system also for bigger stuff. Use 17 & 18 every year

indy_500

i use windex on my face shield and pledge on the rest of the helmet, makes it nice and shiny :D

indy_500

by the way wayne did u just get back from a weekend of riding? u haven't been on JD for a while. i'm only 70 posts away now! :)

polarisrider1

by the way wayne did u just get back from a weekend of riding? u haven't been on JD for a while. i'm only 70 posts away now! :)

Just got back. Watching Hockey game and getting things around for work tommorow. You can have top spot. Make sure all good posts to get there. Rode the switchback today, mostly ditchbanging. I got an offer on it. Toothpaste is what I will try next.

indy_500

Just got back. Watching Hockey game and getting things around for work tommorow. You can have top spot. Make sure all good posts to get there. Rode the switchback today, mostly ditchbanging. I got an offer on it. Toothpaste is what I will try next.

don't worry, no waste posts to get my count up! lol------like this one? haha