Possible Fuel Pump Leak???

Went out and started my daughters 98 Formula 500. Primed it up and started fine. Started to die. Primer again. Idled nice. More RPMs not bad until approx 6000 and then sounded like it was starving for fuel. Again get it up to 6000 starvin for fuel. Primer again, takes off gets to about 6000 and bogs down. I am able to "pump" throttle and it takes off to 8000 but when I back off and nail it again, bogs down. By this time there is a puddle of fuel under the front of it. Wasn't leakin when it was off. I am certain it is not leaking from the carbs them selfs. It appears to me that it is leaking from either an outlet hose at the pump or the pump itself. It only leaks when running as I cleaned it up in between runnings.

I have never had a fuel pump leak, but I assume they can. I am more leaning toward a small crack in the carb supply hose. Would a leak cause the starvation issue? Had both carbs off, looks pretty straight forward to change out everything. Any thoughts.

Thanks

reiley99

could be the inpulse line from the bottom end of the engine to the fuel pump.I'm not a ski doo guy but one of my cats did the same thing and it was that line.

Never thought of that...just got done removing pump and lines. Didnt look like any of the lines were cracked. Already bought a new pump on ebay just in case. Will install new hoses and pump but will look for that too.
Thanks

markf419

If it has mikuni round slide carbs, they have a short length of fuel line with a plug in it hanging off the bottom of the float bowl. If this is cracked and leaking some,it may cause this. When running slow, the pump keeps up with the leak. When running faster, the pump can't keep up due to the loss from leaking.