Prairie Riders Snowmobile Grass Drags and Swap Meet October 3

zrgrl

http://www.prairieriders.com/

The 17th Annual Grass Drags & Power Sports Swap Meet is going to be held on October 3, 2010 at the Boone County Fairgrounds in Belvidere, IL.

$5 admission under 12 free
$10 Swap fee for any size trailer or truck load
$25 Vendor Sites (new or used retail sales)
$10 Pits ($5 with general admission must sign release and be 16 per our insurer)
$15 race fee for each race class entered (racers must be 16 per our insurer)
Mini sled racers race for free and receive a Trophy

Our Snowmobile Grass Drags will take place on a 500 foot 4 lane track with 1,100 feet of shutdown. As in the past we run for Trophies only to keep our entry fees low and allow participation for everyone. A very diverse group of racers compete with us each year, from the first time racers to veteran semi and pro racers. This is the place to come out and try grass dragging for the first time or 100th time. We expect 125-175 race entries with registration from 8-10 am and Racing beginning at 11:00 am. We run 20 classes including Stock, improved, Modified, Vintage and a Mini Class for kids that is free, all kids receive a trophy. All Classes are listed on the Registration sheet which you can download from the website listed above.

Sunday October 3, 2010
Boone County Farigrounds
Belvidere, Il 61008
815-289-1401

Last edited:

bkboats

If you have not been or have not been for a while... this show is getting HUGE!! GREAT deals in the swap and a lot of people. The track is great also if you are a racer. See ya out there!

Prairie Riders

We have decided to add a few years to our Vintage 340 and 440 classes. We will include 1989 and older sleds in those classes.

Track prep is underway and we will be working this weekend on getting the site ready.

We will see you all in 12 days.:)

Dan

zrgrl

Turned out to be a great day. A little chill in the air and the sun was out. I spent money that I probably shouldn't have, but thats what happens when you get the itch. Can't wait till the snow flies! *THINK SNOW*

yamadooed

Swamp meat is what I would call it... As a notice to sellers a rag and mineral spirts would go a long way to get'n rid of parts... Also if yer sled is still carring Haydaze inch thick dust built on a foundation of oil you might wanna quarter car wash it and maybe slash the price a wee bit cuz there's a reason why 50,000 addicts just walked on by...

teamblue

You must of not walked by our spot, all of our stuff is clean.

Swamp meat is what I would call it... As a notice to sellers a rag and mineral spirts would go a long way to get'n rid of parts... Also if yer sled is still carring Haydaze inch thick dust built on a foundation of oil you might wanna quarter car wash it and maybe slash the price a wee bit cuz there's a reason why 50,000 addicts just walked on by...

yamadooed

Theres exceptions to every rule here butt yalls hafta admit a scrap bin at the exit woulda helped some out...

zrgrl

Some peoples junk is anothers treasure. Weather it was covered in grease and dirt or not, if it was something I needed I wouldn't hesitate. Dirt and grime dont scare me!

bus8787

Great Day and enjoyed it. Picked up an entire ZR skid for my Son's sled for $100.
50% off at Rt 12 Cat so I picked up a New Helmet and Shirt. Was shocked to see
that just like Hay Days People were way out of line with there Used Sled Prices.
Dont mind seeing people asking Top Dollar for Mint Well maintained sleds, But when
it looks like a pile of crap with mega miles on it (which was 90% of them). Stay off
the Crack people???

The Apostate

No kidding on the prices, my machine was priced to sell (well under blue book) and it did. My brother sold his 2008 Vector LTX here two years ago for $6300 (a steal!) but that same guy that bought it from him was trying to re-sell it here now two years later for $8600! My brother only paid $8200 in 2008 for it brand spanking new! I mean come on! The real interesting thing though was that the mileage was listed as the same as it was two years ago. Hmmm.

lt250rfd

was a nice day, lots of used parts to be had. i'd have to agree that some of the prices on some of the used sleds were a bit steep for condition and mileage hence why i didnt pick anything up.

j57snow

Myself & 2yr old grandson went,it was his birthday & took him so they could set up for his party,made it a little harder to look since he wanted to check out every sled he saw which is a good thing. thought it was a great turn out more swap vendors than a few yr's ago didn't find what i was looking for but picked up a sled stand for 5 bucks & grandson found helmet that fits him perfect, as far as prices ever thing has a starting point all you can do is make a offer