Prayers to the Dee's>

slimcake

Dogs are the best. Except for the part about them not living as long as us humans. My prayers go out as a puppy parent!!

D

Deleted member 10829

Losing a dog is one of the toughest things to go through IMO. Thoughts and prayers are with the family and the other dogs that are missing a friend right now.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone. It came as such a surprise and shock. We are doing good and will keep him in our hearts forever.

-John

snomoman

Dear Dee family,
Sorry to hear of the loss of your pet, just know that in these difficult times that you can be rest assured in knowing that you gave your pet the most love & kindness that it could ever have with your family

mrbb

sorry to hear of your loss,
only part own owning a dog is there lives are way too short!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's never easy losing a dog but at least in John's case he has others to help fill the void. I would encourage everyone to consider a "Rescue" the next time they look for a fur buddy. There's so many in the shelters waiting for a Forever Home and ours turned out to be a very good dog who just loves being around people.

L

lenny

I’m sorry John, i feel bad for you brother! These furry critters are so special, faithful, forgiving! If only people could be so pleasant. God bless you and your family!

Stench

Thinking about you John and family. My heart goes out to you great people.
I remember two years ago, leaving the vet after our Golden passed. A dog that the kids grew up with. I thought to myself "No way in **** I'll ever go through this again"
Only to go the next 60 days with the biggest void in our household. It just didn't feel right. Until a border collie/aussie mixed pup needed a home. She's my new best friend.

NavyP3GuyfromPH

Sorry for the sad news. It's always hard to lose a good friend who has never said a harsh word to you. When you find one of Dune's toys hidden in a corner or under the couch it will bring smile to your face and a fond memory.

skiroule

John, I just read your story about Dune - instant streaming tears. I believe it’s impossible for any “dog person” to read about losing a furry companion without feeling the pain of the loss.

We owe dogs such a tremendous measure of gratitude for their contribution to our health and peace of mind. Someone once wrote: “May I always be the person my dog thinks I am.” No matter how bad and selfish my mood might be at times, just having the dogs greet me at the door or hop up on the couch beside me reminds me to try to be that person.

Rest in peace Dune, and thank you for bringing so much joy into the Dee household.

Stench

John, I just read your story about Dune - instant streaming tears. I believe it’s impossible for any “dog person” to read about losing a furry companion without feeling the pain of the loss.

We owe dogs such a tremendous measure of gratitude for their contribution to our health and peace of mind. Someone once wrote: “May I always be the person my dog thinks I am.” No matter how bad and selfish my mood might be at times, just having the dogs greet me at the door or hop up on the couch beside me reminds me to try to be that person.

Rest in peace Dune, and thank you for bringing so much joy into the Dee household.

Great quote....words to live by!