presidential perfection

POLARISDAN

thats the day to ride..everything was great..and very few sleds out where i was..probably the smoothest overall day i have ever had..

and thanks to whoever suggested 107..first time i ever ran it..what a great trail..never ran below 8 cuz usually no snow on 8..so i always figured no snow below..but will add this to the sidnaw loop..run it down 25 miles and come back..really sweet trail..

out again today..fast and hard

pd

whitedust

Lots of even better trails south and east of your normal stomping grounds but be prepared for big miles and few amenities.

sjb

107 is probably my favorite trail to ride. Fast, sweeping turns, and usually in good shape. But whitedust is right, there isn't much in the area. I was riding 107 on a weekday night alone, around 0 degrees and thinking to myself, have not seen a sled, groomer already went through and no cell service. If I have an issue, my option will be a snowcave and fire. I was prepared for that, but did make me think. But the desolate situation I believe is part of the reason it is usually so good.

Just be aware, there are two curves on the trail that sneak up on you. Both are on the right side when traveling north. Buddy missed it pretty bad last time we were up there and he attempted to ride it out, which he ended up getting stuck well off the trail. It took us some time to find him.

whitedust

Sjb 107 is urban to us. Take trails 15 or 111 that’s remote something like 52 miles to Sidnaw nothing but trees but wonderful trails. 111 is one of my favorites to Amasa. I’m often on unplowed FRs usually 20 miles from a trail. It’s all what you get used to and what you need. For me gas and a burger for lunch then really don’t need anything until gas again before home.

sjb

Sjb 107 is urban to us. Take trails 15 or 111 that’s remote something like 52 miles to Sidnaw nothing but trees but wonderful trails. 111 is one of my favorites to Amasa. I’m often on unplowed FRs usually 20 miles from a trail. It’s all what you get used to and what you need. For me gas and a burger for lunch then really don’t need anything until gas again before home.
I love those type of rides, but only have 1 buddy that enjoys them the same as I, and our schedules have not lined up this year. I made a promise to my wife I don't go off trail alone anymore. Two young kids that still rely on dear 'ol dad, so I need to make it home. If it were up to me, my 100 mile rides would consist of at least 80 miles off the trail, either straight up boon docking or two track running. But going alone isn't a good option.

whitedust

I love those type of rides, but only have 1 buddy that enjoys them the same as I, and our schedules have not lined up this year. I made a promise to my wife I don't go off trail alone anymore. Two young kids that still rely on dear 'ol dad, so I need to make it home. If it were up to me, my 100 mile rides would consist of at least 80 miles off the trail, either straight up boon docking or two track running. But going alone isn't a good option.
I hear ya but sometimes I have to ride unplowed FRs alone to meet my buds half way somewhere or we have trail splits that send us home alone. For me unfortunately it’s 18 miles of FR everyone else has a groomed trail route home. I don’t like riding FRs alone but it happens.

snomoman

One week ago today (mar 17) filled up with gas in sidnaw, then took trail 8 to trail 107, then east on trail 2 to trail 15, back up to sidnaw, 110 mile loop, 107 & 15 are definitely beautiful trails. I love the areas where you would drive down into a valley where you could see all throughout the trail ahead, just magnificent scenery almost brings chills thinking about it, it was a great run and the trails were superb other than having to go on a few streets here and there, I did see where trail 11 started but we were quite a ways from mass city at this time and didn’t want to get any further out

old abe

One week ago today (mar 17) filled up with gas in sidnaw, then took trail 8 to trail 107, then east on trail 2 to trail 15, back up to sidnaw, 110 mile loop, 107 & 15 are definitely beautiful trails. I love the areas where you would drive down into a valley where you could see all throughout the trail ahead, just magnificent scenery almost brings chills thinking about it, it was a great run and the trails were superb other than having to go on a few streets here and there, I did see where trail 11 started but we were quite a ways from mass city at this time and didn’t want to get any further out

Hopefully in 9 months you can do that again! I had hopes we would still be doing it now!