Presque Isle Trails Closed

rph130

I just came from a Presque Isle/Winchester SnoBunnies fundraiser event at the PI Pub and while there, one of the board members came to me and showed me her phone news feed showed that Vilas County trails were closed. Being that she is a board member, and would have been in the know, I told her that it had to be a joke. Upon returning home I searched Vilas County trail information and on Travel Wisconsin, it does show that Presque Isle trails are closed. Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't there an alliance of all of the clubs in a county that open/close the entirety of the trails after a consensus? I can't figure out why it would show that Presque Isle trails closed suddenly when the forecast for next week holds some hope for snow and decent trail conditions again.

SHOOT2KILL

There are several Live Trail Cams on the NCN...Have a look...Trackside trail is mud...LoL trail frozen mud...Several others look unrideable...Don't look at the Mercer cam...It hasn't updated since December...

ddhanna

I'm guessing the Presque Isle trail reporter screwed up and mis-interpreted the Vilas County announcement as a closing. Maybe the board member was looking at Travel Wisconsin?

hermie

Yes Vilas county opens and closes as a county. You should of showed her the announcement from Vilas county that they were open but telling people that alot of the trails were unrideable. Also I know Boulder went out and groomed Thursday according to the club. Hoping this storm pans out. I am thinking going to get snow up there but thinking the bigger totals are going to be south of North woods. Central WI may end up being the big winner on this one but hoping I am wrong and the North woods and the UP are.

SHOOT2KILL

Today in Sawyer Co, 2 women were injured in sledding accidents...1 sustained a broken leg...The other I dont know the extent of her injuries, but they called for a Chopper...

racerx

I'm on the board in Lando and knew of the written PSA within a couple hours from the county with support of the Alliance for no ride recommendation but so far nothing about a closing. I would not expect a closing at this time with the snow coming this week although just sharing what I have heard/saw so far.

Last edited:

rph130

I'm on the board in Lando and knew of the written PSA within a couple hours from the county with support of the Alliance for no ride recommendation but so far nothing about a closing. I would not except a closing at this time with the snow coming this week although just sharing what I have heard/saw so far.
Thanks racerx. I called our club vice-president last night and told him about Travelwisconsin.com bad information. Somebody screwed up somewhere.