Price County

catalac

Has anyone been to Price county? I know it got pretty warm, just wondering if those trails held up okay.
Thanks

xcr440

From my first hand source that lives on Connors Lake (Might be more on the western edge of Price) the trails took a beatin' with all the 'terrorists' up there riding last weekend after the 40+ on Friday, but there is plenty of snow to get the trails back in shape.

I can update more when I hear from her on how riding was last night and today.

bayfly

We rode out of Soo Lake last weekend. Put on about 150 miles in the immediate area. Trails were icy Saturday morning but softened up the rest of the weekend. The snow was thin in parts, snirty in parts, and icy in some corners. But all in all we had some nice rides with very little traffic and no moguls. Stopped in Lugarville for gas and witnessed a first for me: they were selling gas by the can and running to Phillips to fill the cans! I asked about buying a can for $20 and was told to wait in the bar until the driver came back with a van full of gas cans. We are headed back up next weekend and hoping they get some snow. Damn shame it warmed up on Friday cause they had gotten a foot of snow earlier in the week.

catalac

We rode out of Soo Lake last weekend. Put on about 150 miles in the immediate area. Trails were icy Saturday morning but softened up the rest of the weekend. The snow was thin in parts, snirty in parts, and icy in some corners. But all in all we had some nice rides with very little traffic and no moguls. Stopped in Lugarville for gas and witnessed a first for me: they were selling gas by the can and running to Phillips to fill the cans! I asked about buying a can for $20 and was told to wait in the bar until the driver came back with a van full of gas cans. We are headed back up next weekend and hoping they get some snow. Damn shame it warmed up on Friday cause they had gotten a foot of snow earlier in the week.

Holy cow, never heard of that. Lucky the dude didn't wreck with all those containers in there...lol
Thanks for the updates fellas.

whitehorse

Ran from Prentice to Phillips, Park Falls over to Pike Lake and back to Prentice today--120 miles....I would say the trails were VERY GOOD!..No complaints from our group. They received about 2" of fresh snow overnight which helped and there is ice on some of the corners but overall we had a great day!

catalac

Ran from Prentice to Phillips, Park Falls over to Pike Lake and back to Prentice today--120 miles....I would say the trails were VERY GOOD!..No complaints from our group. They received about 2" of fresh snow overnight which helped and there is ice on some of the corners but overall we had a great day!

That sounds great. Thanks for the update.

snoduke88

I was in mercer area jan 21 t0 jan 30. We rode down to Price Co trail were great Hurley Trails were at least a 10. Maybe we were closer together then at home.

fastwilly

I agree with you Whitehorse we rode on Wednesday from the Willow flowage area to Tripoli to Prentice to Phillips to Pike lake and back to the Willow Trails were snow covered and flat for 80% of the ride. 140miles We are to get 2-4 sat too. Some Roads and parking lots and gas stations may be tricky with no snow.

xcr440

Best conditions in 5 years - just don’t expect perfect flat groomed trails all weekend with the traffic it will bring.

sjb

The SE side of the county was great on Saturday. Some of the best trails I rode all year. Just a warning, the signage in some of the spots are very poor or not there. For example, to get fuel in Tripoli, there is a shoot off trail you need to take for about 3/4 mile or so. If I did not know that area, I would have missed it and ran out of fuel (not a lot of stops in the area). There was not a single sign noting fuel was off the access trail in either direction.

RVR RNR

The SE side of the county was great on Saturday. Some of the best trails I rode all year. Just a warning, the signage in some of the spots are very poor or not there. For example, to get fuel in Tripoli, there is a shoot off trail you need to take for about 3/4 mile or so. If I did not know that area, I would have missed it and ran out of fuel (not a lot of stops in the area). There was not a single sign noting fuel was off the access trail in either direction.
I think the sign says "Tripoli Auto" for fuel (BP station).

Swampy

Thanks. I actually put the Tripoli BP Gas sign up on Tuesday. Sorry about that. I know there's one laying under the snow somewhere. It's easy to take
it for granite that people should know where the gas station is when you're a local.

sjb

thanks. I actually put the tripoli bp gas sign up on tuesday. Sorry about that. I know there's one laying under the snow somewhere. It's easy to take
it for granite that people should know where the gas station is when you're a local.

thanks!

xcsp

Heading up to Park Falls Thursday, hoping the 40* weather doesn't take it's toll today. Any current trail condition reports?