price increases on sleds?

euphoric1

I haven't heard anyone mention but for those that did order early and either have or will be taking delivery of a new sled are you being told or have you paid surcharges and increases just like the direction everything else seems to be going?

harvest1121

I think Skidoo is increasing prices on sleds that are for dealer inventory. Yamaha said that they are only making 91% of the sled that were snow checked. Well I read it on the internet so it has to be true.

wisco-mb

Good question. I wonder if some would drop the multi year warranties.
I'm afraid what price increase will be next year?

euphoric1

Good question. I wonder if some would drop the multi year warranties.
I'm afraid what price increase will be next year?
will be curious, we have had 3 price increases here since spring, you hear it on trailers, I heard it from a dealer on side by sides and 4 wheelers, haven't heard anything from the sled side....yet

SledTL

will be curious, we have had 3 price increases here since spring, you hear it on trailers, I heard it from a dealer on side by sides and 4 wheelers, haven't heard anything from the sled side....yet
I got hit with news today of an increase for components that I use to build electric motors is going to increase anywhere from 35-117%. My yamaha dealer also said they had to call people this week and tell them their Snowcheck isn't going to happen.

cmharcou

Anyone see used prices? Geez. I have a 2011 Apex XTX bought new in 2012 for $9999. Used ones are $8500-$8900. Insane!

harvest1121

Bought a 2021 Toyota 4runner for $43000 otd in January Carmax offered my $48000 for it yesterday. I am starting to feel like Fuji with my car deals

1fujifilm

Bought a 2021 Toyota 4runner for $43000 otd in January Carmax offered my $48000 for it yesterday. I am starting to feel like Fuji with my car deals
Good work!
Sold a 21 Accord I owned for 92 days and put 11,200 miles on for $50 less than I paid, bought the same one again.
Why?
Cars in Green Bay are being shipped to MKE and Shitcagoland and being marked up 15%.

Bear

1fujifilm

I haven't heard anyone mention but for those that did order early and either have or will be taking delivery of a new sled are you being told or have you paid surcharges and increases just like the direction everything else seems to be going?
I pre ordered a 22 Doo.
The price went up $500 over the 21 pre ordered Doo because Doo did not have the $500 loyalty coupon for 22 orders. So essentially, dealer made the same as in 21 but Doo made $500 more.

Bear

szotty

Can’t see prices ever coming down much cus there will be a lot of bad loans then written for cars, sleds, trailers and utvs. My
Truck I’m suppose to trade In when my new one gets built next month and there giving me what I paid for it on trade a year ago lol hope comes true cus I set the deal up 3
Months ago when I ordered the new one

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a sled, but, 3 years ago I bought a Karavan 6x12 utility trailer to haul the sxs for 1400 bucks from Fleet Farm, that same exact trailer today is 3k!

szotty

Not a sled, but, 3 years ago I bought a Karavan 6x12 utility trailer to haul the sxs for 1400 bucks from Fleet Farm, that same exact trailer today is 3k!
Got one better I bought a 7x14 14k dump trailer in April 8300 out door and now 10999 before tax. Same exact trailer

eao

What about the taxes you are paying on these buys? No one figures that in the equation? If I were to sell my truck and buy a new one this year it would cost me another $3,600+- in sales taxes (6%)? Pay that 2x in one year and the only one in my opinion that makes out is the state tax coffers. Bad enough they get that every 4 yrs.

Last edited:

1fujifilm

What about the taxes you are paying on these buys? No one figures that in the equation? If I were to sell my truck and buy a new one this year it would cost me another $3,600+- in sales taxes (6%)? Pay that 2x in one year and the only one in my opinion that makes out is the state tax coffers. Bad enough they get that every 4 yrs.
Start a business..

srt20

I sold a loaded 2011 Triton Elite Clam 12ft for $2600 in 2019. MSRP was $3400 new.
Now I see asking prices of, 2007 cheapo clam 10ft looking like its been abused it entire life, $4000.

Boy I missed the boat on these.....

I do have a sled Im going to be listing soon at todays current prices.....lol. Should make $$ on that one.

RVR RNR

I bought a '15 MX-Z sport 600 last fall from a dealer for $4700. Sold it in August for $6400. Had 17 people interested in it in less than 24 hrs.

ICT Sledder

Sled trailers are up 40% y/y. Can't think of anything else I've run across in our current economy that matches or exceeds that. At least with respect to more significant consumer items.