price increases on sleds?

whitedust

Sled trailers are up 40% y/y. Can't think of anything else I've run across in our current economy that matches or exceeds that. At least with respect to more significant consumer items.
Unbelievable but trailer prices continue to trend up each month. I don’t see trailer prices going down if ever. Typical supply chain increases that manufacturers have to pay for materials are passed on to dealers who pass on to consumers.

euphoric1

Unbelievable but trailer prices continue to trend up each month. I don’t see trailer prices going down if ever. Typical supply chain increases that manufacturers have to pay for materials are passed on to dealers who pass on to consumers.
Pete, drove by Pfeiffers last Sunday, hit lot was FULL of trailers

1fujifilm

Sled trailers are up 40% y/y. Can't think of anything else I've run across in our current economy that matches or exceeds that. At least with respect to more significant consumer items.
Not one person mentioned this, so I will; snowmobile season is minutes ahead of us, sleds and trailers are at an all time high in the rotation of a season.

I just bought a new 2022 travel trailer for next summer 2 days ago, big money off compared to just 2 months ago.
Recreational toys are very cyclical priced!

Bear

longtrack

I also see Trailer Lots filling up. The price has hit a spot where People have said enough is enough and I really don't need it.

I replaced the mower deck belt on my John Deere approx. 10 years ago. Just had to replace again, kept the sleeve from 10 years ago and the belt then was $26. $64 for the same gates 133" belt today from the same dealer.

szotty

I’m thinking next year msrp will be 10-20 percent higher on sleds. Don’t understand how cars msrp, sleds msrp, atv msrp is close to what it was a year ago but the trailer are so much more. Really not complicated to build a trailer vs a truck or sled. Just weird times were in

whitedust

IMO some products will hit the price wall where people will say NOPE I’m not buying at that price. I’m in Menards a couple times a week and consumable like bottled water keeps increasing to the point where it sits on the rack just not moving anymore used to be stock in stock out but price got too high. Menards has lots of Xmas decorations people looking but not buying probably waiting for clearance sale. Idk if trailers have hit the no buy threshold I did see 6 Hybrid snowmobile trailers sell in a 2 week period. They sat for a month then a feeding frenzy and gone. They were ordered a year ago so no idea if more are coming until Spring???

pclark

Agree with the fact that people are at the point that they have had enough of these prices. For a lot of people its a want not a need so they can use their current machine, car, trailer, boat, etc until things come back to reality. I know that is where I am at.

The only thing I had to buy this fall was an SUV, a car is not going to work for us up here in the winter, especially a rear wheel drive car. It took me 3 months find the right truck and I had to drive 8 hours to buy it and work a deal out with Dealer to trade my car in, was happy with the deal.

G

G

Some things will come down. Gas will come down. Beef prices will come down. But other things like appliances and lumber might never get back to where they were. Vehicles will come down because there will always be used options. Appliances are throw away things where used is not an option. The bottom will fall out of toy prices and people will be looking to get out of toys they paid too much for. A year. Maybe two. If you can wait. Trailers are simple and cheap to build. I really think they got caught because all of a sudden people had money and wanted to move up to some kind of an enclosed trailer and there just weren't enough in the pipeline . New customers in addition to old customers. But that is just an opinion.

bearrassler

I sold trailers for a couple of years from 2016 to 2018. When President Trump put the steel tariffs on the company’s put a surcharge on the price. If I remember correctly the highest that I saw was 12 percent. I talked to my old coworker a couple weeks ago and he said on the most popular enclosed trailer brand that we sold the surcharge is now 61 percent and they are still selling almost everyone that they can get

1fujifilm

I haven't heard anyone mention but for those that did order early and either have or will be taking delivery of a new sled are you being told or have you paid surcharges and increases just like the direction everything else seems to be going?
Just talked to the dealer I pre-ordered from and 22 Doo pre-orders avoided the dealer optional $400 "logistics surcharge" on 22 floor model sleds.

Bear

1fujifilm

Just talked to the dealer I pre-ordered from and 22 Doo pre-orders avoided the dealer optional $400 "logistics surcharge" on 22 floor model sleds.

Bear
Also, made appointment with dealer to pick up 22 pre order X 850 Gade day after Thanksgiving.
No missing parts planned..lol.

Bear

fishcrib

some of the products we sell have cost has risen to what we were retailing for only a month ago....WHY
Because most of our consumable goods are made offshore. There is a logistic nightmare going on now. The cost of a bringing a container in from overseas has risen from $4000 to $28,000. It's highway robbery! All of the steamship companies are non-American owned and face very little regulation from the US. If you haven't already bought your Christmas presents, do so now. The demand for product right now is at an all time high and this is why prices are high. I believe this will correct itself when demand goes down, capitalism at it best( or should I say worst).

euphoric1

Because most of our consumable goods are made offshore. There is a logistic nightmare going on now. The cost of a bringing a container in from overseas has risen from $4000 to $28,000. It's highway robbery! All of the steamship companies are non-American owned and face very little regulation from the US. If you haven't already bought your Christmas presents, do so now. The demand for product right now is at an all time high and this is why prices are high. I believe this will correct itself when demand goes down, capitalism at it best( or should I say worst).
fishcrib, I agree and disagree, yes highway robbery going on, some of it just plain being bent over. I do disagree however to a point and I hope I am wrong but these companies now know how far they can push the envelope on price and consumers will still buy, you may see a drop but it wont be the 20-30 and 40 percent we've seen in increases. I hope I am am wrong but I don't think so.

goofy600

fishcrib, I agree and disagree, yes highway robbery going on, some of it just plain being bent over. I do disagree however to a point and I hope I am wrong but these companies now know how far they can push the envelope on price and consumers will still buy, you may see a drop but it wont be the 20-30 and 40 percent we've seen in increases. I hope I am am wrong but I don't think so.
I hate to say it but I feel you are going to be right. I’ve been watching lumber at Menards sense late August when prices really had started to come down but sense then slowly going back up and you would think they should still be dropping this time of year.

hemi_newman

I'll be the one to say it....Lets Go Brandon! I hope who ever voted for him are happy with your leader and the media twisted your mind and made you believe he would be fit for office and do better than 45. You Dems own this and I hope you make a smart choice in 2022 and 2024. Rant over.