Question about Togwotee reservation

JasonF

I just booked two cabins and the Rockstar treatment for Togwotee a few minutes ago and had a question about my reservation? Previously when I've booked I was asked questions about what kind of sleds we had and what our riding style was, this year I basically just held a spot in the guide book for the number of people in our group. Should I call the lodge when the rental shop opens and clarify what kind of riding were looking to do or does it not make a difference? I know there are lots of people that go out to trail ride or are first timers who I don't necessarily want to get paired up with. We have ridden with almost all the guides so that doesn't matter I just don't want someone to get stuck without a guide, I know in Feb it gets pretty busy.

polarisrider1

I just booked two cabins and the Rockstar treatment for Togwotee a few minutes ago and had a question about my reservation? Previously when I've booked I was asked questions about what kind of sleds we had and what our riding style was, this year I basically just held a spot in the guide book for the number of people in our group. Should I call the lodge when the rental shop opens and clarify what kind of riding were looking to do or does it not make a difference? I know there are lots of people that go out to trail ride or are first timers who I don't necessarily want to get paired up with. We have ridden with almost all the guides so that doesn't matter I just don't want someone to get stuck without a guide, I know in Feb it gets pretty busy.

call them back and give them the information.

JasonF

I was going to, but I thought that with the call just going a central reservation center and the rental shop pretty much operating seperate from the lodge, that that kind of info would not be passed on. I guess I will just have her add it to the notes and verify later. Another reason I ask is I see people on this forum setting up rides with specific guides and was wondering if I was missing something?

carter

Jason, Carter here........what you are seeing is return clients making sure they are getting their guide of choice. If you have ridden with a guide you like and want him back, the call to central Res. and to the rental shop, after Dec. 1, is the smart thing to do as yes, Feb. gets hectic. The great thing is all the guides are good.........we don't have a personel turn over on that dept. Also, in Feb. if we need to add guides, we do.....already got a couple of guys coming from Mn. and they have guided backcountry at Tog. for 5 years..........if you have anything you need to know you can PM me.........

JasonF

Jason, Carter here........what you are seeing is return clients making sure they are getting their guide of choice. If you have ridden with a guide you like and want him back, the call to central Res. and to the rental shop, after Dec. 1, is the smart thing to do as yes, Feb. gets hectic. The great thing is all the guides are good.........we don't have a personel turn over on that dept. Also, in Feb. if we need to add guides, we do.....already got a couple of guys coming from Mn. and they have guided backcountry at Tog. for 5 years..........if you have anything you need to know you can PM me.........
Thanks Carter, I think you are the only guide we have not ridden with, your super guide status always has you booked up! Haha You are right we have never had a bad guide, we even had a good time riding with Bob as unique as he was!