Race fuel around Madison, WI

Twisted2

Looking for High octane fuel around madison area. Need 110-115 octane. would like to buy in the area, but will mail order as a last resort.

ezra

for c115 what are you running high comp with nos?I need to run 116 on the 1010with NOS 0r 1gal 116 to a tank of 100 with no nos with the high comp inserts. with the pump gas inserts I can run 110 with NOS.asking ? like that I assume you will be at namacogen for the weenie roast first weekend in Mar

racerx_96

Can you use small aircraft fuel? I used to years ago but I'm unsure if the operators at the airports will let you purchase it anymore.

ezra

Can you use small aircraft fuel? I used to years ago but I'm unsure if the operators at the airports will let you purchase it anymore.

the best you can get at airports is 110 and from what I have been reading is that av fuel is more dense for burning at high altitude so it wont atomize as well at low altitude so 110 is really more like 100oct at sea level don't know if is true but that is the jest of what I have read

Twisted2

for c115 what are you running high comp with nos?I need to run 116 on the 1010with NOS 0r 1gal 116 to a tank of 100 with no nos with the high comp inserts. with the pump gas inserts I can run 110 with NOS.asking ? like that I assume you will be at namacogen for the weenie roast first weekend in Mar

just finished up a big twin, would like to start alittle higher on octane until its dialed in to be safe.

xgl914

I wouldn't buy any race fuel this time of year from a station. How longs that been sitting in the ground? Find a motorsports dealership that carries it in five gallon cans or barrels.

ezra

if just a straight motor no NOS 110 or 112 is prob more than safe I would think a normal human would not be able to pull over a motor with compression high enough to require 116 oct or even run with that much timing.but I know what you are saying about wanting to start with big octane numbers to start cheaper to buy a $85 can of gas than a$500 jug and a $125 piston.I LOVE the smell of burning race fuel.some one needs to bottle that smell and put it in a aerosol can for guys garages and bar bathrooms and any place else men hang out.who do you know that would not buy a can for the shop?

kevisip

if just a straight motor no NOS 110 or 112 is prob more than safe I would think a normal human would not be able to pull over a motor with compression high enough to require 116 oct or even run with that much timing.but I know what you are saying about wanting to start with big octane numbers to start cheaper to buy a $85 can of gas than a$500 jug and a $125 piston.I LOVE the smell of burning race fuel.some one needs to bottle that smell and put it in a aerosol can for guys garages and bar bathrooms and any place else men hang out.who do you know that would not buy a can for the shop?

EZRA, you have it almost figured out. Go market it, and sell it like a pampered chef product, bringing guys together in garages all over the nation. This could bring us
out of our deep depression/recession.

Twisted2

Thanks for the info guys. Cant get enough of that fantastic smell, maybe i can get the girl friend to put alittle behind her ears!!!!!