Racine county sheriff is allowing businesses to open

srt20

I cannot get the link to post so you'll have to google his media release. Sorry

Jist of it is, the sheriffs dept will not enforce Evers orders of businesses staying closed.

This will get the ball rolling for the rest of the state.

2TrakR

https://www.thebrillionnews.com/post/racine-sheriff-will-not-enforce-evers-overreaching-measures

The Brillion News
RACINE - Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmaling issued a press release on Friday, April 17, calling the latest emergency order issued by the governor and the state Department of Health Services "overreaching measures" and unconstitutional.
"Wisconsin law gives the Governor and the Wisconsin DHS the authority to develop emergency measures and enforce rules and orders to protect the public during a health crisis," Sheriff Schmaling wrote. "However, state law does not have the power to supersede or suspend the Constitutional rights of American citizens."

<snip>

frnash

The Brillion News:
Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmaling issued a press release on Friday, April 17, calling the latest emergency order issued by the governor and the state Department of Health Services "overreaching measures" and unconstitutional.
The next move: Da guv'nor sends the State Patrol to arrest the Sheriff and lock 'im up. :devilish:

euphoric1

I cannot get the link to post so you'll have to google his media release. Sorry

Jist of it is, the sheriffs dept will not enforce Evers orders of businesses staying closed.

This will get the ball rolling for the rest of the state.

Hats off and a big thumbs up to Sheriff Schmaling!! hopefully this will be a start of a strong movement and a push for other communities, Finally someone with some power to recognize the importance to the economy and small businesses and to the county itself to get things moving again, A well liked Sheriff by most, will be curious to see what happens now, but IMO he is doing what needs to be done.

whitedust

Hats off and a big thumbs up to Sheriff Schmaling!! hopefully this will be a start of a strong movement and a push for other communities, Finally someone with some power to recognize the importance to the economy and small businesses and to the county itself to get things moving again, A well liked Sheriff by most, will be curious to see what happens now, but IMO he is doing what needs to be done.
X2. Racine is a well populated county close to Milwaukee. What will the governor do pull his funding move in the State Police or just ignore and let it fly?

srt20

X2. Racine is a well populated county close to Milwaukee. What will the governor do pull his funding move in the State Police or just ignore and let it fly?

Shawano county has followed his lead.

Guesses on which county is next?

jonesin

sheriff of hastings, mich did the same thing regarding people being together and specifically mentioned boating
he said what better place to be than out alone or with your family on a lake.... maybe riding!

snobuilder

constitutionally, the sheriff is the highest law official in the land.

- - - Updated - - -

X2

jr37

A quick search shows 732 covid19 cases in Racine County, 4th highest in the state. Plus 6 deaths. All in about 5 weeks time. Now the sheriff is the covid19 expert and knows better. Man, will he get a little heat if his new found expertise fails.

snobuilder

A quick search shows 732 covid19 cases in Racine County, 4th highest in the state. Plus 6 deaths. All in about 5 weeks time. Now the sheriff is the covid19 expert and knows better. Man, will he get a little heat if his new found expertise fails.

He is more of a constitutional expert than the commie crew running WI these days.
When was the last time you cared about 6 deaths in any county....

State experts said we would have 1000s of deaths statewide by now.
Stop your scare mongering.

BTW....my BB Store was crazier than Evers today....week 5 of shopagedon.

jr37

Not scared, not trying to scare anyone. Just adding my .02 like the rest of you experts.

candyman

He is more of a constitutional expert than the commie crew running WI these days.
When was the last time you cared about 6 deaths in any county....

State experts said we would have 1000s of deaths statewide by now.
Stop your scare mongering.

BTW....my BB Store was crazier than Evers today....week 5 of shopagedon.

Serious question for ya Builder? Any idea how many guests visit your store on average or on a busy day like today? 2nd.. has any employees contracted the virus or has tested positive?

Went to local paint store to buy paint yesterday, store was curbside pick up only. On a good day you might see 1-2 other customers in the store at the same time. (Insert head shaking)

xcr440

I agree, but how much longer can we kick this can down the road?? Let’s get things moving again. The shut down hasn’t stopped new cases, and it will continue to spread no matter how long they tell us to obey stay at home orders. But I must say, the drive to central Sconnie and back the last couple days was kinda fun with not many on the roads....

blkhwkbob

I agree, but how much longer can we kick this can down the road?? Let’s get things moving again. The shut down hasn’t stopped new cases, and it will continue to spread no matter how long they tell us to obey stay at home orders. But I must say, the drive to central Sconnie and back the last couple days was kinda fun with not many on the roads....
Any idea how many cases the stay at home order might have prevented? Didn't think so.

dfattack

Any idea how many cases the stay at home order might have prevented? Didn't think so.

Never will know...ever. But that doesn't mean you shut down the country indefinitely until there are no more cases or a vaccine is available. That is impossible. Any clear thinking person can figure that out. I'm not giving you a shot blkhwkbob, just making a point.

xcr440

Never will know...ever. But that doesn't mean you shut down the country indefinitely until there are no more cases or a vaccine is available. That is impossible. Any clear thinking person can figure that out. I'm not giving you a shot blkhwkbob, just making a point.

X2

snobuilder

Serious question for ya Builder? Any idea how many guests visit your store on average or on a busy day like today? 2nd.. has any employees contracted the virus or has tested positive?

Went to local paint store to buy paint yesterday, store was curbside pick up only. On a good day you might see 1-2 other customers in the store at the same time. (Insert head shaking)

Not one that I know of.
I don't post BS on this subject either.
My posting of how busy we are isn't some line to diminish the seriousness of this virus ....should it prove to be as hyped.

It's just another phenomenon as far as I can see in this bizarre so called "new normal" ....Every week is another huge black friday like event. A customer commented today that they drove out to our store because the line at a store much closer to MKE was way too long for them to handle....LOL....weird times indeed.

so yes...keeping my distance as much as possible but still face to face with 100's per day.
am I worried...No.
i grew up with steel dash boards, no seat belts, no child seats, eating dirt, bikes without good brakes, dirt bikes, no helmets, riding in the back of pick up trucks, a house full of smokers, way more air pollution, mumps, chicken pox, many bouts with the measles and at least 2 serious fevers a year......bring it sissys.....LOL, just kidding but think about the cringe from the bubble boys and girls that exist today ....and how easy it is to scare the piss out of the past few generations....everyone of them with some sort of allergy and of course...asthma. ...we're effed.

God bless Sheriff Schmaling.

Last edited:

pclark

Never want to hear these again:

Corona Virus
Covid-19
Social Distancing
Flattening the curve
Apex
New Normal
Stay safer at home
Tony Evers
facemasks
ventilators
wet market
Wuhan

whitedust

X2 we need to get on with life and take our chances sooner or later as a vaccine is many months away maybe January 2021 soonest. Sweden is not restricting The public for Covid 19 their thinking is establish the antibodies and get on with life. Is there a right or wrong approach?.....we will soon find out. I too grew up in a time when there was a polio vaccine and TB vaccination you took your chances with every other disease and I got all or most of them sooner or later and so did everyone else. I hope we do well as a country but the economy MUST move on really no other way at the end of the day.