Ratchet straps

dfattack

I have some new straps and they seem to be really hard to loosen. I want to use WD40 but don’t want them to get all oily. Im
Talking about when you pull back on the metal piece to loosen it. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I can use to make these work better?

pclark

I have some new straps and they seem to be really hard to loosen. I want to use WD40 but don’t want them to get all oily. Im
Talking about when you pull back on the metal piece to loosen it. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I can use to make these work better?
Thats what I would use or silicone spray, probably still have to wipe them dry though.

euphoric1

wont it release the ratchet strap when you fully open the part you ratchet back and forth? most ratchet straps do, you shouldnt have to pull on anything to release it, just open it all the way, there should be cam on part you ratchet that pushes release, unless yours are different, I have never had to lubricate ratchet straps, but again maybe the style you have are different and that would be new to me

dfattack

I will use the spray and think it’s possible what Gary said. I had to set them up myself and there’s a good chance I could have started them wrong. Thanks for the replies

snomoman

In my experience with these small rachet binders, when you release them you have to straighten them completely out and that unlocks it where it goes free and releases, having it wound up correctly the right way on the spool (as discussed before) is a necessity,
Try practicing with it a couple of times and you’ll get a feel for it, it’ll be a piece of cake after that