Ready Wisconsin?

euphoric1

Are you ready for the snowmageddon? 12+ inches coming in some areas, were talking a few inches here possibly tomorrow morning the other day, now sounding like all rain with even some rumbles of thunder mixed in, then the major warm up coming. Going to set our corner of the state back a bit, hopefully it wont reach far into the northwoods.

gpt

Bring it! I wanted to take the day off and head to our place in northern Oconto County to endure the storm but our schedule won't allow it this week. Hoping the great thaw doesn't.

rph130

Is there any talk about trail openings yet in Northern Wisconsin, specifically Vilas County, Presque Isle, Manitowish Waters? Not seeing anything on their websites yet.

whitedust

Spring temps coming to the WI southwoods and the eastern half of USA actually we need the rain still in extreme drought conditions. Northwoods and UPMI enjoy the snow storm easy enough for us to trailer up.

5_spot

Is there any talk about trail openings yet in Northern Wisconsin, specifically Vilas County, Presque Isle, Manitowish Waters? Not seeing anything on their websites yet.
The other day Iron County, Wi announced trails opening Monday 12/13/2021 at 8:00 am

eagle1

Open 13th n close 15th????
Have trip for Houghton 16th- 19th......see how it plays out but leaning towards cancelling.

kevinj

Oneida and VIlas to open the 13th.
I would be shocked if they open on the 13th. All I have heard is that is the earliest they would open. Plus, Oneida usually follow Vilas. Have you seen the swamps that clubs are dealing with? Next week, overnight when things refreeze, the clubs will be out packing and working the trails. Opening with mid 30's, sun and then a day of 50 with some rain would destroy what is there. The base is getting built and if they wait a week, will most likely endure the season's traffic and unless things got really out of hand in March might allow riding well into March. Patience. good things come to those who wait.

whitedust

WI counties aren’t open until the day they say they’re open. Inspections , temps ,wind and rain can change target dates. 🤷‍♂️

rph130

Thanks for the responses. I was able to find some info on travel Wisconsin site that said Boulder Jct., Land-O-Lakes, Manitowish Waters have panned and groomed and they were expecting a final inspection before the County board meeting on the 15th to give the go ahead. Hopefully the warm up is brief and does minimal damage to whats there now.

wiscrev

Sorry for the mix-up on the 13th. as stated above, it is the earliest they will open. Blame my dyslexia.