rear suspension help

bignate29

i have a 05 ski doo gsx 600sdi and the two mounting bolts for the front arm are rounding out the holes going through the tunnel. any quick fixes/cheap thands

rmk4ever

sandwich the tunnel with steel plates (@ the holes) or billet, drill new holes, get longer bolts & keep tight. Then put it on craigslist!;)

snake

usually the result of the front axle frozen in front tube=def pull suspension out and check/clean/lube

longtrack

I do not think this model has a Axle in it. It has a Bushing and Bolts with a Nut in the rear. Most likely the Bolts loosened up and were not tight, I always check those.

Rivet a Aluminum Plate over the old hole, both sides on the outside only. Make sure you use good Steel rivets to fasten it with Washers on the back side. You will have to pull the Skid and I bet you will find more problems when you get the Skid out. Wheels, bearings, Shocks, Slides also check the Long Bolt on the bottom rear. They like to break.

This could be a big project and if you do not have some good Tools to work with and know how to pull the Skid and put it back in, you may have trouble with it.

Last edited:
It has been kinda common deal as longtrack said plate the outside and it would be a good idea to drop the skid and check it out.Not really as big a deal as it looks and sounds.