Rear suspension question 2006 rmk

ill marty

I HAVE A 2006 RMK 600 . wHEN OUT IN THE WOODS THIS WEEKEND I NOTICED MY REAR SUSPENSION SAGGING . mY BUDDY HAS A 2004 VERTICAL EDGE AND WITH NOONE ON THE SEAT HIS SUSPENSION IS FULL EXTENDED UP .MY SUSPENSION IS LIKE HALF EXTENDED . PULL UP ON THE REAR HANDLE AND THE SUSPENSION EXTENDS , SEEMS LIKE HALF COLAPSED . WHAT DO YOU THINK IT COULD BE ? BLOWN SHOCK ? NOTHING LOOKS BROKEN .

snowdance

I've got a 2006 Switchback. My rear end was sagging and I just rebuilt the rear shock and it made a big difference. If yours is original, then that is probably the problem.

ill marty

ok thanks . is there one shock or two i dont think they are rebuildable just replace sled has 1000 miles but sits in cold barn ride to ride

snowdance

Hmmm only 1000 miles. Then i'd think it wouldn't be the shock, but maybe from sitting or maybe it did blow. I think there is only 1 shock.

polarisrider1

One shock forward with a spring around it and one shock back, most rears are rebuildable. sag on a poo is pretty normal. read manual and it tells in detail how to adjust. Go out to the barn and report back what shock you have. If it says Fox, Fox FX, Fox adjustable on it your in luck, but you may also have the plain jane throw away shock on it.

I could go on forever on Polaris suspension setups, but just read the manual. your shock does not hold your sled up, your springs do. Shocks dampen the suspension.